𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

" first is the worst

" first is the worst. "

IT'S MY FIRST day of officially working under Rainer Morelli.

I'm absolutely terrified, and my mind still can't seem to grasp what had happened last Sunday. I had no memory of the night before, all I knew was that I had too many drinks and it led me into the hands of my asshole of a boss. And to add on to that, he had asked my own best friend about my ex's. I had been so heated up at that moment, only focused on getting out of that place that I had forgotten to return his t-shirt, which I'm now holding in my arms.

There's murmurs, even snickers, and all eyes are on me as I walk through the halls, if they're close enough I can hear them say things such as 'Isn't that the girl who Mr. Morelli flirted with?' and 'I heard she slept at his house one night'.

It was unprofessional of them to be talking and spreading rumors about someone of a higher position, especially when that someone could say a few words and have them fired, such as the CEO's secretary. I choose to ignore them, and continue making my way to his office. My heart is racing as I near that familiar room, I'm taking familiar turns and it's only a matter of time until I reach the tall wooden door with the gold placard.

I fix the sleeves of my silk, wrap-around top and smoothen out my black skirt. This time, my hair is fixed and slicked back in a bun, it looks better than before. My first meeting with him since the incident. I'm scared the memory of our encounter will create a palpable tension between us, as if there wasn't already tension from the second I accidentally danced on him that night before.

The officer door swings open and a tall, confident man walks out, catching me off guard. Rainers eyes catch mine within seconds, and he looks like the same asshole. He briefly glances at my face and then my outfit, his eyes flicker with recognition, and then he's back to his professional, cold demeanor.

"Get me a coffee, Aurelia. Grande White Chocolate Mocha with hazelnut syrup, extra whipped cream, three extra shots of espresso and chocolate shavings. Specify that there shouldn't be more than two sprinkles of chocolate."

I don't write it down but it's now imprinted in my brain, I feel the need to get his order exactly right. To impress him? Maybe. But mostly just to show that I'm more than just a pretty face. And also to bribe him into forgetting our little moment last week.

He heads off and I go into the same direction as him, tailing him like a lost child, which I sort of am right now. There wasn't any map or some sort that came with his email, and I'm wondering if there should've been. I debate on asking Rainer, but as he gets farther and farther, I don't think I have a choice.

"I'm sorry to bother, sir. But uh, do you know where I could get that exactly?" I give in, though I'm sure it's better I ask him rather than the gossiping employees that surround me. He stops in his tracks, making me stumble and end up next to him. He takes a quick glance at me and doesn't say anything before continuing to walk, leaving me confused while following him.