𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

" confession

" confession. "

A U R E L I A

"GOLD. YOU'RE HERE."

A painfully familiar voice speaks behind me and I turn on my heel immediately.

"Rainer." I speak sternly.

His emerald eyes meet mine and he looks as good as ever. As good as the day we met, nearly nine months ago.

The second I had embarrassed myself in front of him that day, I just assumed he was going to hate me. Well, he certainly doesn't now considering this art gallery of my pictures I'm standing in.

Why am I thinking about that moment?

I sigh as he takes a few steps closer to me, step by step he's closing in the space between us. He reaches a hand out for me and cups my cheek but I avoid his gaze.

"Aurelia.. Let's talk." He says in a voice so low it's almost like a whisper.

Talk?

I don't have anything to say.

Though I'd spend hours listening to his voice.

'Ari, refuse him. He betrayed you and broke your heart.' My mind tells me. But the words that come from my heart and fall off of my lips say otherwise.

"I'm ready to talk."

He nods, a small smile tugs on his lips which he parts to speak.

"You're not just a good fuck to me, Aurelia. You're my everything. My heart, my soul, my body, my love, my reason to live. Do you get that?" He tilts his head.

"You give me life, Gold."

Rainer leans down closer and I can't say I'm not desperate to feel our bodies touch again after so long. But then he stops, his lips are inches away from mine and I shift my gaze between his eyes and his lips.

I scrunch my eyebrows, feeling his hot breath fan my lips as I wait for his next words.

"From the moment you awkwardly stood in front of me at the office as I called your last name, I knew you were special. You have this charm and aura that manages to entrap me everytime I'm in its vicinity."

A pause.

And a tear falls from his precious emerald eye.

"And God, do I love being trapped by it. It's a feeling I'd never give up. Never. Nothing for anything. Except for your love, of course." He says the last few words with a chuckle, making me smile the tiniest bit.

His dimples are showing. The sight of the two dips on either side of his lips has me melting.

I press my lips against one another, still unable to form my words but then he doesn't stop talking. He moves closer, his lips brush against mine but then he pulls away immediately.