𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑﹗

" playing games

" playing games. "

"BABY, A CARNIVAL?" Rainer scoffs as we stand in front of one of the best carnivals in Las Vegas.

Solario Fantasia.

It's huge with a mix of extreme rides and actual carnival games like ring-toss and basketball.

I waste no time in pulling Rainer over to the ticket booth to get our wristbands and tons of tickets to last for our time here.

It's both Rainer and I's day off, for once, and I decided we should go here. Much better than a boring dinner at just another fancy restaurant. It was a miracle that he agreed to going.

"Hi! Two wristbands and a hundred fifty tickets please." I say to the woman working and she hands me two pink wristbands before counting the tickets.

"Are you seriously going to use all of that?" Rainer sighs, peering into the small booth from behind me. I look up at him and nod proudly.

"Here you go. It'll be 200$." She says.

"No problem! I—"

"Do you guys take card or check?" Rainer cuts me off and the attendant nods at checks.

"Wha— What are you doing?" I ask, holding my wallet in hand as he pulls out a small checkbook from his back pocket. He looks down at me and then the attendant while writing down a check for 400$.

"Paying." He simply says.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out as I watch him set the check down on the counter and take the tickets.

"Sir, your change!" She calls out for us, but Rainer does nothing but raise his hand as we walk away. He hands the tickets to me and I'm left dumbfounded.

"I could've paid for it myself, you know. I don't need you paying for me all of the time." I roll my eyes.

"Just take it, love."

────

"Come right up! Ring toss! Twenty rings for eight tickets." The worker says and I walk right up to him.

"Hey, pretty girl. Looking to play?" He smiles, shaking the bucket of rings in his hand and I nod.

I look over to Rainer, who's standing beside me, holding a medium sized bunny plush in his arm as he glares at the man. I nudge his side slightly and he immediately turns to me, his gaze softening.

Stop glaring at him. I mouth, raising my eyebrows before turning back to the worker and counting my tickets.

"Here you go!" I hand him eight of the red tickets and he gives me one bucket.

I take a few rings and try to shoot them, all of the rings bounce off of each bottle and I groan in frustration. The worker smiles and laughs as he watches me before calling out to other people passing by.