𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

" painful arguments

" painful arguments. "

"WHAT THE FUCK does this mean, Rainer?"

I yell, chuckling as the blonde man in front of me paces around the room back and forth.

"Just stay still and fucking answer me!" I beg, my voice louder and even more demanding as I approach him. Rainer doesn't respond, his eyes are glued to the two walls he's been walking away and towards for the past few minutes.

I grab him by the shoulders, forcing him to stop and look at me. His gaze avoids mine and I'm infuriated, more if that's even possible because murderous is an understatement.

"Look, Gold, I didn't think she would say that—"

"Is it true, Rainer?" I'm calm, my voice gentle and soft, unlike before when I sounded like I was seconds away from murdering someone.

He scrunches his eyebrows. "What is true?"

"That you love her and are going to leave me." I'm quick to respond.

"What? No. Never, Sunshine. You know I'd never do that to you, it's you that I want." He finally looks at me with his sparkling green eyes.

This may just be the last time I'm going to look him in the eye like this.

"Yeah, I bet you told all of the girls you slept with that too."

His face is robbed of all its emotion, his pupils aren't dilated anymore, and for once, I realize how tired he looks. His eyes droop low and he licks his lips before nibbling on his bottom one.

"Gold." The nickname I once thought so dearly of. The nickname that I cherished and accepted with warmth. It's now the nickname that I dread hearing because I know there's only one person that can say it.

"Don't call me that." I avoid his gaze.

"Aurelia.." Rainer's voice is lower than a whisper, his walls of insincerity vanish and it's all I can hear in his tone.

I bring my hands down, taking them off of his shoulders and resting them at my sides as I turn to leave. I take one step and as expected, his cold touch meets my wrist.

"Please, if you just let me explain.. I can fix this." He begs, inching me closer to him with the tug of his hand. I sigh, taking the step back and I'm met with his full body yet again.

His hair is messy and frizzy, his tougher and meaner build is visible with black compression shirt he wears along with his gray sweatpants. It's very unlike him, and I can't help but think he looks like he's been destroying himself at the gym for the past few days.

My gaze struggles to find focus on his face and when I do, it lands on his parted lips. He breathes deeply, his chest rising and falling before he speaks.

"She lied, Aurelia. And I don't know if you're going to believe me but, this is me trying, okay? So please, hear me out, Aurelia."

He brings a hand up, tucking a loose strand of my ginger hair behind my ear like he always did. Rainer's expression is unreadable as he places the same hand on my cheek, caressing my delicate skin.