𝐒𝐈𝐗

" done deal

" done deal. "

AM I SERIOUSLY about to do this with my boss? Maybe. Most likely.

I stare at the empty space underneath my name on the last page of the contract, and then Rainer's signature under his. I nibble on my bottom lip, my gaze moving between his filled space and my empty one. I anxiously click my pen as I tap it on the paper. I can feel Rainer's eyes on mine, they're basically burning through my thick clothing and into my skin. I can also tell he's annoyed by my repetitive actions.

This contract is inevitable. No escape, no choice. I must say, I'm not in a good position right now, financial wise, and forty-five million is no joke.

I look up at Rainer for a second, his usual stern expression on his face as our eyes meet. I sigh heavily before turning my head back to the paper, my pen clicks and I immediately start writing my signature on the blank space. Each stroke and curve that spells out a letter of my name is a part of myself sold. Trapped in a contract.

As I finish signing, Rainer places a palm on the edge of the desk, just next to the stacked papers and leans on it. He looks at me, and then the signed page, and back at me with a smirk. His simple action sends shivers down my spine.

I carefully place the pen down next to the papers and stand up in front of him. With his body leaning on the desk, I'm much closer to his face and for some reason, I realize that he has a stubble. At least I know he's hygienic, but his addictive scent already gave that away. It was very minimal hair, ones that you could see only if you were close enough or a neat observer. And I am not a neat observer at all.

His hot breath trickles against my skin, and his gaze is on my lips. Said lips part to say something, though he cuts me off. "I think that's all, Gold. Unless you want to discuss something?" He tilts his head which inches him even closer. Heat rushes to my cheeks and the tips of my ears, and I'm hoping it doesn't tint them. I'm frozen in place, though thankfully I'm able to shake my head.

Rainer nods and steps away, his back is turned on me and I take the chance to place my hands on my cheeks as an attempt to lessen the pink hues. He walks towards his bookshelf and seems to be looking at a particular book, but I don't care enough to stay and investigate. That would only mean more conversation and the contract was already enough for my interactions with him today.

I start to make my way towards the door, not looking back at Rainer until I reach it. My hand is on the handle and I lean on it slightly as I turn around on my heels to look at him.

I snicker. "Just so you know, sir, I would've done it for forty."

"And I would've done it for 50, Gold." He bites back with a chuckle.

────

I entered the office this morning to a hidden check in my drawer for sixty million dollars. I'm lucky as hell that none of my nosy co-workers decided to look through my organized desk. I'm looking at the check in my hands, feeling the texture of the paper for about the hundredth time to make sure it's real.