𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

" alive

" alive. "

THERE ARE WHISPERS all around the office as I walk past.

It's not unusual, though for some reason, it seems different today.

Though my selective hearing choosing to listen to the employees mumbling phrases such as 'I heard he's engaged to Ms. Emberlyn' and 'He has a thing with his secretary' is enough of an answer to me.

Though, there are still two people in this office that seem to be on my side one way or another. Aurelia, who I'm sure is currently sitting in my office, and the kind-hearted Sofia Rodriguez.

I'm about to reach my hand out for the door handle, eager to see my secretary, when suddenly I hear a familiar voice call out my last name from behind me. I look over my shoulder, a smile nearly tugs on my lips when I confirm who it is.

"Ms. Rodriguez." I say, pulling my hand away from the handle and shoving it into my pocket.

"I'm sorry this is so sudden, sir, but I just got some news about Mr. Reinhart that you might want to hear." She holds up a tablet with one hand and motions to the door to my office with the other.

I nod, quickly opening the door and giving her space to walk in before me. She seems shocked by my sudden change of heart and I'm not surprised.

She walks in and I follow, my gaze immediately landing on the red-headed secretary who's sitting at her desk. Sofia greets her and I do too along with a soft smile that reveals my dimples.

I take a quick stop at her desk before going to mine, leaning down slightly to whisper in her ear. "Missed you, Sunshine." I smirk and pull away, locking eyes with Sofia in the process which wipes the smirk off of my face.

"You don't have to hide it, baby. She knows." Aurelia smiles and chuckles softly.

I raise an eyebrow but don't question it, giving her a soft glare as I sit down at my desk. "So, Ms. Rodriguez, what were you saying?"

"Oh! Right, yes. Mr. Reinhart called a few minutes before you came in and wanted to talk about the partnership you both have been talking about."

I nod and watch as Sofia walks over to me in the corner of my eye. My gaze is focused on the lit monitor as it powers up and shows me the login screen as she continues to explain the problem.

After half an hour of organizing new plans as Sofia tells me about our new and big business partner, Aaron Reinhart, she finally finishes and I have my chance to ask her the big question.

Right when she expects I'm going to dismiss her, I do the exact opposite. "Ms. Rodriguez, a favor, please."

"What is it, sir?"

"Call or email Saint Faiyez, tell him to meet me at the restaurant in front of the building for dinner at eight."

────