𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

" stage 1: denial

" stage 1: denial. "

IT'S HARD TO ignore this man when he's your boss.

But thankfully, I have been somehow succeeding despite his numerous, desperate attempts to catch my attention or talk to me about topics other than work.

I never found myself to be so focused on my job due to a reason like this.

My boss and fake, and ex I'm guessing, fiancé lying to me. Fucking me over.

It hurts. Though I choose to keep it to myself and continue smiling, after all it's still my duty as his secretary.

Even when I'm sick as shit.

"Ari, are you sure you're okay?" Sofia asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I sniffle, again, for the thousandth time today and she scrunches her eyebrows. "I'm fine, Sof! Just a little allergies."

It is not in fact allergies. I'm nearly a hundred percent sure that I'm sick, though I can't be bothered to hand in an excuse letter to Rainer for a few days off.

As much as I'd like and need it, I don't mind working and I'd do anything not to approach that man. Who knows if he'll assume I'm trying to get back with him.

"I don't think that's allergies, babe, your eyes are red and.. This.. I.." She stutters, waving her hand around, motioning to me.

"Look, Ari, I know you're in a tough spot with Mr. Morelli, but I'm serious when I tell you to let yourself take a break!"

I sigh, taking a moment to consider her suggestion before dropping my head on my desk, groaning. Yeah, my desk.

The first day I came back after the argument, I had decided to come in early so I could transfer my stuff from the desk in his office to my own one along with the other employees.

It hurt not having a quiet space anymore unlike in Rainer's office, though I had no choice but to do so just to get away from him.

"I'd rather die than be the one to initiate a conversation with him." I say, my voice muffled with my head buried in my forearms.

"That's unprofessional, Ari. You're still his secretary." Aleesia, another employee that I just happened to make friends with, peeks into the conversation from her desk.

"Don't! I don't want to hear that word."

"Unprofessional or secretary?" Sofia teases.

I groan. "Both. It just reminds me of all the articles that are currently talking about not only my love, but sex life too."

My head is aching, plus my constant sniffles and groans are just as annoying to me as it is to my co-workers. I bet some of them are wishing I just stayed in Rainer's office and worked there instead of being unprofessional.