chapter eighteen

'He absolutely hated how pretty he found Jimin.'

-Late Night Conversation-

"How did you and Jin become Generals?" The blonde asks curiously, taking a bite of their creation from a plate that sat in between them. The boys were now sitting against the counter, side by side sharing the food on the marble floor.

Jungkook uses his fork to take a bite of his own as he thinks about the memory.

"Before the attack happened me and Jin were living about 60 miles from here." The raven first says, putting his fork down to glance at the boy.

"When everything happened it complicated some things to where our house was no longer safe." He continues. "Me my brother traveled about 50 miles before the military found us, and considering it had been less than a year, there wasn't much foundation to this place." He says, gesturing around the fancy kitchen they currently sat in.

"Jeon's were always very fortunate physically. My dad was 6'4 and my mom 5'11, both of them being high performing athletes their entire life, and the same goes for pretty much my whole family." He informs, watching as Jimin looks at him with mesmerized eyes.

"When me and Jin completed our training, we graduated with the two highest scores the military had ever given, just shy of a 100 percent for our performance." He says, and Jimin quietly gasps at the words.

They were nearly perfect..

"Agent sanders was the one that offered me the Job, saying there was only one spot available considering how few generals they needed, but I was hesitant considering how little I liked to work with other people." He says, chuckling slightly at the words when Jimin smiles.

"Eventually I agreed, only because they said me and Jin could train the group together if I did." He continues with a memorable smile at the memory.

"Have you always been close?" Jimin asks with a bright eyes, noticing the way Jungkook almost immediately nods.

"We had 6 siblings besides us, and out of all of them Jin was the one I could some what stand. The same goes for him with me for that matter." He starts. "Jeon's are strong, but my siblings were painfully spoiled. When me and Jin realized we were the only two who would be strong enough to take on our families legacy, we stuck together." He finishes, glancing at the boy when Jimin furrows his brows at the words.

"And your siblings.. d-did they-"

"They wouldn't have survived something like that." The raven cuts him off, no sadness in the mans eyes as he spills the hard truth. Jimin slowly nods his head at this, making sure not to push further as Jungkook lays his fork on the plate.

"What about you?" Jungkook asks, listening carefully as Jimin sets down his own fork and starts to explain his story on how him and Taehyung got there.

(A/N- Jump cut)

"That's how you got the cat?" Jungkook says blankly, looking at Jimin with a 'are you serious' look when Jimin giggles and nods his head.

"Taehyung's reaction was much worse, trust me." The blonde says with a smile, thinking back to just his angry his best friend was when Jimin chose to save Kiwi.

"I can't believe you out of all people killed one." Jungkook says, the man still sitting in shock after Jimin explain how Taehyung almost died.

Jimin was the last person he expected to be capable of that.

"When something like that happens you just stop thinking. I remember being scared.. Like really scared, but I was even more scared of the only person I had left dying." Jimin admits, biting his lip when Jungkook looks at him with soft eyes and slowly puts a hand on his knee.