chapter fifty-three

'The Universe was too cruel.'

If you guys need a refresh, the first chapter of his past is chapter 35

-Jungkook's Past Continued-

It seems as if every instinct in Jungkook's body kicks in the moment he sees the unknown creature latch onto Yeonjun, practically tearing off the boys arm within seconds of having it between its razor sharp teeth.

His pained screams and their sisters scared sobs fill the room. Jungkook rushes in attempt to rip the creature off of his brother, but realizes there's no point with how strong it is.

"Jin, go get a knife!" The raven yells, hitting the demons back as his mother pleads for him to do something.

Jungkook realizes it's going to be too late by the time Jin gets back from the kitchen, holding a long knife they used to cut watermelons in the past. Yeonjuns already on the ground when Jin runs past Jungkook to plunge the blade on the creatures back, continuing the motion as the it lets out a screech before finally going limp on top of his brother.

"Yeonjun!" Jungkook hears his mother sob, the women pushing the monster off of her son so she can cradle his now deformed figure.

Even though the boy was spoiled, it still pained Jungkook to take in the scene. Yeonjun was his younger brother after all. He'd known the boy his whole life.

There was no time to mourn though..

"We have to go." Jungkook says, pulling the petite women up from her son.

"We can't leave him." She continues to cry, resisting as he attempts to walk her to another room.

"He's gone Eomma. I'm sorry, but we have to go." He says once more, attempting to keep his face hard as Jin and his sister follow behind him.

"If they're attracted to sound that means there could be others. We need to find somewhere to hide, quick." Jin says, following Jungkook when he leads them all into his father and mothers bedroom. Once in there, he locks the door.

"I-I think your father has a gun in the safe." The women says, and the brothers nod their head as their mother goes next to the bed where their safe lays. She comes back up with a black revolver, holding it with a shaky hand as she goes to her sons once more.

"Do you think there are any more?" Jungkooks sister whispers, and their mother only responds with a finger to her lips in response, telling everyone to be quiet as they listen.

They all flinch as they suddenly hear something break from the other side of the door, letting them know that there was indeed something on the other side.

Jungkook could only prey it was human.

However, the raven knows he's wrong when he hears crackling from the other side, almost sounding like an animalistic growl as it nears their door, as if sniffing their scent out.

Could it actually smell them?

Their sister starts crying at the sound, and Jungkook's mother steps in front of them with the gun in her hand, as if guarding all of her children from what lied behind.