chapter thirty-six

'Jungkook hadn't kissed him like this in far too long.'

-The First Of Many-

Today Jungkook wakes up before Jimin.

Slowly blinking the sleep out of his eyes, the raven snuggles into a warm, strawberry scented neck, and ignites a small whimper from the blonde below him.

Jungkook doesn't react when Jimin subconsciously holds the ravens head to his small chest. He only stares at the bed with an unreadable expression as he listens to Jimin's heartbeat, and takes in the cute way Jimin's tummy raises up and down in soft breaths.

Even through the night Jimin held Jungkook close, and that thought alone made the Generals wall crack even more.

"It'll be someone kind." Jungkooks mother had said, but how could he have known that he would meet the kindest souls in existence.

He feels guilty as he thinks of Jimin in such a way, but he also can't help but think of something else.

How much his mother would've loved Jimin..

Jungkook knew he couldn't give in, and that Jimin was too good to be the one to save him. Yet the man can't bring himself to push away like he did many times before. All he can bring himself to do is tighten his hold on the warm boy and snuggle into Jimin's scent, all while the boy stays unconscious.

Jimin would never know how much comfort Jungkook found in him..

Jungkook chooses to raise his head after a couple minutes, feeling satisfied with the amount he got to scent the beautiful boy so he can now analyze Jimin as the blonde had done for him.

He doesn't say anything, nor does he touch anything. Jungkook only stares at the pure beauty in front of him with appreciative eyes.

The raven always wondered if Jimin knew how much he admired him.

From soft button nose that twitched every so often, to the light freckles that graced his cheeks, all the way to the long eye lashes and golden blonde hair that scattered across his forehead.

Jungkook's mother had said men always fell victim to beauty, and though the raven was a strong soldier he was starting to think she was right.

He was starting to think he fell.

Slowly, he looks at the boys lips. Plump and so beautifully pink, as if they were born from the cherry blossom trees Jungkook's Eomma always said she loved so much.

She would've thought Jimin was beautiful, just as Jungkook did. And she would've loved him, just as...

Jungkook swallows, gulping as if he could force the possibility down all the way to his stomach in hopes that one day it would digest, and disappear forever.

Jungkook can practically hear his mother laughing at him with the thought..

He can't help himself as he leans down, pressing his lips so softly on the boys that it almost startles him. Jungkook had never been soft, and yet in this moment he had the urge to be gentle.

No one was watching, and that's why Jungkook doesn't try to hide the kiss with lust. He does it genuinely, lovingly, separately so he can admire baby blue eyes, and cherry blossom cheeks.

"Kookie?" Jimin asks, and suddenly Jungkook feels like he can hear the sound forever.

"Good morning Sunshine." The raven whispers, smiling with teeth as he looks down at Jimin, and leans down once more.