chapter forty-seven

'I can't live without you'

-The Gamble Of Love-

Jungkook plays with Jimin's hair lovingly as Dr. Yoon fusses with the supplies on her desk, preparing a sterile trey while the whole room watches. Well that is, the whole room besides Jungkook.

If you looked at the raven you would never guess he was about to sign a possible death sentence. The man looked beyond content as he admired Jimin, the boy so tired all he can do is subconsciously snuggles into Jungkook's warmth.

Dr. Yoon holds pity in her eyes as she walks towards them with a tray, but Jungkook pays it no mind. He only grabs a golden lock between his finger and plays with it, taking more time to admire the color than he ever had before.

Somehow he felt he would never have enough time to admire Jimin..

"It will only take a few seconds for you to feel it, and in about a minute your body should start to have a reaction." Dr. Yoon finally informs.

"Wait, it took Jimin an hour though." Taehyung says in concern, and even Jungkook stomach clenches at the words.

He thought he'd have more time..

"The blood entered Jimin's bloodstream progressively through a cut, so it took longer for his body to react. With General Jeon we are injecting it directly into the vein, so his body will reject it almost immediately." She says, and all Taehyung can do is softly nod, unable to form any more words. It's only then that Jungkook glances at the black syringe on the trey. Yet, unlike everyone else he feels no fear.

However, the moment Jimin comes back to consciousness and his head lolls to the side he immediately starts to freak out, eyes holding fear as he takes in the large shot. With the little strength he has, Jimin instinctively grabs Jungkook's arm, suddenly feeling doubtful about their situation.

Jimin hadn't been very positive about the idea initially, but after seeing the poison Jungkook was about to be injected with, his facade quickly started to crumble.

"N-No!" The blonde protest, attempting to cover Jungkook while the man only holds him. The doctor expression softens at the words, watching as Jungkook seems unfazed by the reaction.

"Jimin.." Jungkook whispers, loud enough so only the blonde could hear him. The boy knew he agreed to this, but after witnessing first hand what was about to happen, he just couldn't do it..

Jimin couldn't bear this being the last time he heard that voice.. he just couldn't.

"N-No.. No J-Jungkook." He says, immediately coughing as he tries to get the words out. Jungkook's heart clenches at the reaction.

"Look at you, your only getting worse." The raven attempts to say, but Jimin can only shake his head stubbornly.

"D-Don't care. We'll find another w-way." He breaths, oblivious to the black vein that had now spread to the middle of his chest.

Jungkook can only stare at it though..

"We're out of options, Jimin." He says softly, talking to the boy painfully delicate as he softly strokes Jimin's cheek. Taehyung and Jin watch the scene, the blue haired boy silently crying as he watches the exchange.

"W-We need more time. I just.. I just need more time." Jimin pleads to the doctor, knowing by her expression that it was a request she couldn't fulfill.

They were suppose to have so much more than this..

"We're out of time, baby." Jungkook whispers, wiping a tear from the boys eye the moment it falls. Jimin cries when Jungkook speaks the hard truth, only able to lay on the ravens chest while Jungkook holds him.