chapter forty-five

'Your not fucking dying.'

-Harsh Circumstances-

Jungkook burst through the medical rooms door with frantic eyes, practically sprinting to the doctor with Jimin wheezing in his arms. Taehyung and Jin follow behind, the blue haired boy practically crying as he looks at Jimin's state.

The boy was slick with sweat, eyes heavy as he tries to maintain week breathing. He was wearing Jungkooks sweat pants but no shirt, the lack of clothing showing perfectly how much had spread.

Two black veins had made it all the way down Jimin's neck to his collar bone, the infection about an inch further than it was an hour ago.

Jungkook could tell it wasn't spreading too fast, but in this state that still didn't put him at ease.

"What the hell happened?" Dr. Yoon asks as Jungkook sets the boy down on a random table, making sure to be gentle as he immediately directs his attention to the doctor.

He'd never seen her eyes so wide.

"I don't know what happened. One moment he was fine, talking even, and the next he was throwing up black blood." Jungkook says frantically, pointing to the black veins spreading from Jimin's cut.

The boy can't bring himself to talk as his wheezes fill the room.

"Has he been infected?" The doctor asks, using a small flashlight so she can analyze Jimin's eyes.

"He hasn't been bitten, and this has been going on for over an hour. It's not possible." Jungkook bites his lip, clenching his fist when the doctor listens to his heart for a moment.

It was taking everything in him not to go crazy..

"H-He was in contact with a Seir earlier tonight though. C-Could it have done something?" Taehyung sputters out, eyes teary as he looks between the doctor and Jimin, all while Jin strokes his back.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Jungkook snaps, growing impatient by the second wish the doctor stays quiet and analyzes Jimin's face.

"How did he get this?" Yoon asks after a moment, freezing when she sees the now black cut on his cheek.

Its where it was coming from..

"When we were running our trials, a Seir got ahold of him. Jimin killed it, but it cut him with one of its claws before I could stop it." Jungkook informs.

Dr. Yoon removes her earpieces, placing it on the table before she looks at Jungkook with a completely serious expression.

"Was there any blood on his face when he received the injury?" She asks, eyes worried when Jungkook furrows his brows.

"What do you mean?" He asks, dumbly.

"Did any of the Seirs blood get on Jimin's face while the wound was open?" She repeats, putting a hand on the boys forehead when Jungkook pales.

"Y-Yes.." He whispers, hands shaking when her eyes snap up to his.

Suddenly, she looks to Taehyung. "Go get Sanders. Now." She raises her voice, and Taehyung waste no time before leaving Jins arms and running out the door.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" He asks frantically.

She sighs, scavenging through a drawer for medical supplies while Jimin groans in pain. Immediately, Jungkook rushes to his side, sitting on the bed so he can cradle the boys head in his lap.