chapter forty-six

'I love you.'

-The Things I'd Do For You-

"What?" Jin asks, looking at his brother as if the man had gone insane. "That's not possible, you don't have its blood in your system." The raven continues, and Jungkook only glances at him.

"So infect me." He says simply, and everyone in the room can only stare in shock.

Jimin whimpers at the words, tears immediately filling the boys eyes as he tries to speak. "N-No." He whispers, and Jungkook only gives a soft smile, continuing to stroke Jimin's hair when he boy fails to sit up.

He was too weak to stop him..

"Get a sample from the eighth floor, and inject it into my blood. Then we can test if it works." The general says, and agent Sanders can only look at the doctor.

"It could work.." She confirms, and the agent can only blink.

"But if it doesn't.." He starts, getting cut off by the raven on the bed.

"I'll die." Is all Jungkook says, and with that Jimin starts quietly sobbing.

"No." Jin snaps for the blonde, his eyes firm as he looks at his brother. "This is crazy. There has to be another way." He continues to which Jungkook can only chuckle.

"You and I both know this is our best option. At least this way if it doesn't work you guys will have a chance to fix it." He states, and Jin once again shakes his head.

"I won't let you." The man says.

"You can't stop me." Jungkook counters, and with that Jin let's out a sound of frustration before storming out of the room.

"Jungkook, n-no." The boy below him sobs, lip wobbling as Jungkook helps him sit up on the pillow. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart." Is all the man says, stroking the boys cheek when Jimin shakes his head.

"P-Please don't do this." He sobs, attempting to catch his breath as he coughs through the tears.

In this state he was only getting worse.

"Jimin.." Taehyung tries to comfort from his place on the wall, but the boy only shakes his head again, continuing to cry. The raven grabs a rag when the boy starts to have a coughing fit, placing it to the blondes mouth when black blood leaves Jimin's pale lips. Once he's done he falls back into Jungkook's arms, and in that moment Jungkook knows he has to do it.

He has to save him.

"Go get the sample Sanders." Jungkook orders, and the agent waste no time before leaving. Jimin seems too out of it to hear the words, attempting to keep his eyes open as the man holds him.

Jimin's back is placed against Jungkook's chest with the ravens chin on his head, the general placing a small kiss to the side of his hair when a wave of tiredness hits him.

"You know how much I love you, right sweetheart?" Jungkook whispers after a moment, his lips on Jimin's ear in a way that would usually make his heart flutter.

Once again, Jimin starts to cry.

"I think I fell in love with you the moment I first kissed you, or maybe that first day we ate pancakes on the floor together." Jungkook chuckles, only admitting to himself just now. Jimin can only look to his side at the statement, laughing through his tears at the fond memory that had eventually become a ritual.