chapter fifty-two

'How many were there before me?'

-No Longer Special-

Jimin stands in the gardening room with a small smile, tending his strawberry plant with water and gentle hands.

It had grown beautifully over the past two months, already forming two small strawberries that hadn't yet turned red. Jimin had always been good at gardening along with baking, that was why he found so much joy in this exercise the trainees had been given.

Kiwi weaves himself between Jimin's legs as the blonde takes care of his plant, the fur ball meowing softly as an indication that it wanted to be picked up.

"One second Kiwi." Jimin says softly, and as if the cat understands the words it plops down in front front of his shoes, waiting patiently for the blonde to be done.

Jungkook had many meetings today, and Taehyung was practicing some training exercises with Jin. They'd done some mat training with the Generals this morning, but after that Jimin had to go find something to occupy his time.

So he chose to water his plant.

He'd be lying if he said it was sedating his bordem though. After all, there was only so many things you could do with a plant.

"Maybe Yoongi and Hobi aren't busy?" He mutters to himself, smiling at the idea as he scoops Kiwi up and walks out the door to the cafeteria where he knew Hobi would be.

Jimin kindly greets people along the way. In the months he'd been here, his friendly personality had done him wonders in making friends and kind acquaintances, which fortunately made him feel a lot less lonely in the facility.

One thing he'd started to realize was that It had also gained him enemies though..

"Mr. Park." A voice suddenly calls right before Jimin gets to the door, making the blonde freeze in his spot and turn to the familiar face he'd met only a week ago.

He says nothing, only looking up with wide blue eyes at the women standing a couple inches taller than him. The women smiles, and even though Jimin was never the best reader, he knew the smile was fake.

'No Jimin, she's not a nice person.' The blonde remembers Jungkook saying, along with the fact that in the same day she'd done everything in her power to get Kiwi thrown out.

Jimin subconsciously squeezes the cat to his chest.

"I see you got to keep your cat, how fortunate." She says sweetly, her eyes not seeming pleased in the slightest as she analyzes the boy below her.

She takes a step forward while the boy immediately takes a step back, becoming uncomfortable as he remembers the words Jungkook had told him just days ago.

'Stay away from her'

Jimin attempts to dismiss himself, making a move to walk away before she immediately grabs his arm. "I-I need to go." He says shakily, not meeting her eyes as he takes in the rough hold she currently has on his arm.

"Well surely you can spare some time? I just want to talk to you." She smiles once more, not waiting for an answer as she tightens her hold and pulls the boy along with her.

Jimin says nothing, only looking behind him at the cafeteria door with a worried gaze. He thinks of slipping out of her hold, but doesn't want to be rude after not knowing what she wants to talk about.

Maybe she really just wanted to talk, or possibly apologize for what had took place..

Somehow Jimin found that unlikely..