chapter forty-two

"I'm sorry I broke my promise"

-The Terror Of Love-

Jungkook lies down on his bed staring at the sealing, unable to fall asleep as a replay of Jimin's expression plays in his head over and over again.

Jimin had cried. He had cried because he was so scared, and yet Jungkook could do nothing. All he could do was push the boy into that dark, cold room and pray that he'd be okay.

"He's strong." Jin had comforted him the moment Jungkook came back. "He'll be okay Kook." The man continued in sincerity, and yet the General wasn't put at ease. He could never be put at ease if Jimin were in danger.

Jungkook never got nervous, and he most certainly never got scared. Yet as he stares into the darkness of his room all he can feel is his stomach eating away at itself.

He couldn't take it. He needed to know that Jimin was doing okay. He needed to know that the boy had done what he promised.

That he didn't look..

It takes only a second for him to make up his mind, throwing the covers off of him so that he can get up and dart to the door. However, once Jungkook throws the door open two guards are already there, one's hand raised as if he was just about to knock. That was it, two guards and no Jimin. Guards never came early unless the trainee completed the task or they were killed, but Jimin wasn't with them...

Jungkook's heart drops.

"Hello General Jeon. I apologize for bothering you so late." One of the men says, nodding his head in greeting while Jungkook only furrows his brows, hair messy as if he'd run his fingers through it in distress.

"Is there something you need?" The general spits, his tone irritated after the guards fail to continue.

Jungkook was in no mood to wait.

The guards look at each other in slight worry. "We don't think it's nothing to worry about, but we're obligated to inform Generals if the trainees are having any trouble with their test." They say, and Jungkook bites his lip, nodding as they continue.

"Mr. Park hasn't been the calmest since he entered his assigned room. We'd expect this at first, but he's been calling for you for over an hour now..." The guards continue, and Jungkook clenches his jaw.

"And no one notified me?" He asks, squeezing the handle when they say nothing

"Did he only call for me?" Jungkook continues, his voice so deathly calm it makes them reconsider their words.

They hesitate. "Well Mr. Park was... Screaming for you." They answer, and somehow Jungkook's eyes get darker.

Jimin cried, Jungkook knew that. It was one of the things that made him soft about the boy. But Jimin was soft spoken, he never screamed..

Something was wrong.

"And you didn't think to fucking get me?" The general snaps, towering over the pathetic men as they flinch at the tone. Their expressions turn from professional to guilty in an instant, attempting to scrounge up words under the Generals fury.

"We're not suppose to let the trainees out under any circumstances.." He says, and Jungkook scoffs at that.

"Only an idiot would take that rule literally." He says, and they say nothing in return.

"What else did he say?" The raven asks almost immediately, tying his hair up as he hurries to leave.

Once again they hesitate. "He was saying something about the chain, but we couldn't make it out over the crying." One of them says, and Jungkook feels his heart drop.