chapter thirty-five

Jungkook in the past^
________________________

'You'll need someone kind'

-Jungkook's Story-
(7 Years Ago)

"So what are you gonna do Kook?" Jin asks, raising a brow at Jungkook as they walk on the sidewalk carrying their football gear.

They had just gotten back from late night practice and chose to walk home. Long walk's brought deep conversations though, and Jungkook found himself not being fond of this one.

"I don't want a relationship Jin." The boy says almost immediately, running a hand through his shorter hair as he looks to their approaching house in thought. "Not with the people he's selected at least." The man finishes, biting his lip when his brother shakes his head.

"And how do you think father will react when he finds out your about to graduate and still haven't picked a fiancé?" Jin asks, and Jungkook clenches his jaw at that.

"He shouldn't care." The raven spits stubbornly, but knows it's a lie the moment he says it.

Jin scoffs. "Sorry, let me rephrase that. How do you think father will react when he finds out you haven't picked a fiancé because of your.. preferences?" The man pushes.

Jungkook turns toward him. "What's that supposed to mean?" He snaps, and Jin's eyes soften slightly.

"Nothing Kook, all I'm saying is that it's going to make your situation difficult if you keep fighting the options he's giving you." Jin says, referring to the many women Jungkook's father wanted him to marry.

They were a rich family, and in rich families it's common to marry for status. Jungkook and Jin were the oldest so it had to fall on one of them.

It seemed Jungkook's father picked the wrong brother..

"So everyone just gets to live their life freely, and I'm the one that has to be tied down?" He asks angry, throwing open the front door and setting his things beside it.

"It's not being tied down Jungkook. He's giving you a choice so that you have a chance of falling in love." Jin offers, and Jungkook scoffs. "This isn't a fucking fairy tale Jin. I'm not going to fall in love, much less with the snobby brats he picks." The raven says, walking into the kitchen while Jin follows behind.

"Who's not falling in love?" A sweet voice ask, Jungkook's mother baking cookies by the stove like she usually did for the boys after a late night's practice. Jungkook's eyes soften at the question, walking into the kitchen so he can place a small kiss on her cheek and sit down.

Tall and petite, with ling black hair and warm brown eyes, Jungkook's mother warms the kitchen as both brothers choose to walk in it.

Jungkook had always been closest with his mother, the women being one of the only people he had a soft spot for. Even at this age.

Only eighteen and he was already cold.

"Jungkook." Jin replies, giving a small hug to the women and walking to sit at the table. "He swears he'll never love anyone. Especially someone Appa picks." He continues, and the women laughs at that.

"Well I would hope not." She teases, rounding the table in her apron so she can wrap her arms around Jungkook's neck. "None of those women are good enough for my Koo." She continues, and Jungkook fights a smile as she snuggles her cheek into his.

Though she was tall, Jungkooks mother was possibly the most delicate person he'd met. She was also the sweetest.

"Then who is good enough for me?" The raven muses, and she separates to give him a soft look.