chapter twenty-six

'I want you.'

-The No Name Game-

Nina.

The name had never held any meaning to Jungkook when he said it. It never felt particularly special when it rolled off his tongue, yet in his early years of being a general he seemed to utter that name more than anyones.

It was a simple arrangement really, not taking any particular effort on his part when it happened. He needed a distraction- desperately, and she had taken an interest in him the first moment she saw him.

He was angry, and she was there, willing.

Standing at 5'10, with long black hair, a long slender build, slightly tan skin, and creamy brown eyes, there was no doubt she was a model in her past life. She always carried herself with confidence, as if she knew every man in the room was looking at her. It's why she took such an interest in Jungkook she supposed.

He didn't even glance at her.

She was an undeniable beauty in a world like theirs, and yet everytime he looked at her the word 'simple' was the only thing that would pop in his head. Simple, but good enough to fuck when he needed it.

Jungkook had taken a liking to her in the way someone as cold as him could. He didn't necessarily mind her company outside of a bedroom, but he also didn't see himself falling for someone like her.

It was an understanding. Jungkook had lost his parents- his family, in probable the most horrific way imaginable, and Nina had went through something similar. It was a weak thing to have in common, but at the end of the day that was all Jungkook wanted.

A distraction, and someone to understand his pain, even just a little.

It wasn't something he talked about with her, nor did he desire to. It was just in those moments, when they had those few hours of emptiness, heat, and pleasure, Jungkook could look down and see that someone was just as fucked up as him.

That someone was just as alone.

This wasn't how Nina felt though, and that was the problem. Nina grew emotions for Jungkook when they had their little getaways, finding his flaws something that she could relate to, and thus making her build an infatuation with someone so unique.

She'd never met anyone like Jungkook. He was like a ripple in the water. Always around you, but when you reach down to touch it in curiosity it disappears, giving you a glimpse and yet hiding any possible depth.

It was impossible to know him..

She knew he'd dated people before her, the relationships only lasting months before he ended them, and yet she couldn't help but convince herself that she'd be the one to change that.

She wasn't.

Love grew into obsession quickly when she realized her feelings weren't reciprocated. After all, Nina was beautiful. She'd never had trouble making a man fall for her.

Why couldn't Jungkook?

Jungkook had never been overly attracted to the women he chose to date, but he supposed that was because he was more into men. He never went after male's though because he found no point. He wasn't looking for love anyway, so who cared how beautiful he found them?