chapter twenty-five

'I'm proud of you.'

-Past Lovers-

"Fuck no." Taehyung spits the moment Jimin tells him what happened, both the raven and the blonde sitting in front of him at the cafeteria so they could talk.

Taehyung had tracked the boys down the moment they walked into the main area, demanding Jimin tell him where he was last night and why he didn't come back.

Still, no apology.

"I don't think it's up to you princess." Jin says from behind him, startling the boy and making him turn his focus off Jungkook.

"Do you ever have anything better to do than hover around me." He grunts, narrowing his eyes when Jin only chuckes and sits next to him.

"Why would I do that when your reactions are so entertaining?" The man teases, and Taehyung only rolls his eyes in response, turning his attention back to Jungkook and the nervous blonde.

"His nightmares are causing too much trouble for the other trainees." Jungkook argues, and Taehyung only narrows his eyes at that.

"So your telling me these people can function in a 7 year demon invasion, but they can't deal with a couple minutes of fucking screaming?" Taehyung retorts.

"It's not minutes Mr.Kim, Jimin's terrors usually last hours." He says, clenching his jaw when Taehyung only furrows his brows. "Maybe you would be more educated on it if you actually helped him." Jungkook snaps, finding himself unable to hold back as Jimin only flinches next to him.

"How dare you? I helped him for years before we came here. He latched on to you once and now you think you have to right to judge me?" The boy hisses, placing his hands on the table while Jin places a hand on his back to calm him down.

"I'm finding it hard not to, Mr. Kim." Is all Jungkook says, to which Taehyung scoffs at the words.

"It warms me to see you so concerned Jungkook. Tell me, have his scars healed yet?" The boy asks sickly sweet, glancing at Jimin's bandaged arm and making the blonde shyly cover it. Jungkook clenches his jaw at the words, a flash of guilt in his eyes before his expression goes cold once more.

"Jimin will be staying with me for the time being." Jungkook says finally, no argument in his voice as he gets up from the table and walks from the lunchroom, not sparing anyone a glance when Taehyung practically exudes anger.

"Calm down princess. You can't do anything about it." Jin tries to calm the boy, facing towards Taehyung while the angered boy only continues to clench his fist.

"How could you agree to this?" Taehyung accuses Jimin, his voice harsh as the boy looks at his hands.

"H-He's right Tae. I'm causing too much trouble.." Jimin admits, but Taehyung doesn't seem convinced.

"And so he's just okay with you struggling by yourself?" The man counters, making Jin give him a warning glance as if to say 'don't be so harsh.'

"Jungkook helps me Tae.." He says, biting him lip when Taehyung seems unconvinced. "He helps me when I'm scared." The boy clarifies, surprisingly himself and the other men with his confidence in talking about the raven.

"So now Jungkook's just perfect then?" Taehyung asks, disbelief in his voice while Jimin's eyes start to gloss over.

"He's kind-

"No he's not!" Taehyung cuts it off, and Jimin only sniffles as he finally looks at the boy.

"I-If your not going to understand then why a-ask?" Jimin tears up in frustration. "I-I know you don't like Jungkook Tae, but can't you respect that I do?" Jimin asks, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as Taehyung only looks at him in shock.