46

But when I thought about it, Shen Lian was able to enter the Taimiao ceremonial ceremony. He just received a meeting gift. He just had to find a good reason to go to the palace to persuade him, and Emperor Chunde would definitely pass by with his eyes closed.

Things are really as Lou Jing expected. The fees for entering Beijing are in full swing, and the nobles in Beijing are also very comfortable in lending money. Emperor Chunde has not said a word from beginning to end. Everyone is happy for a while, but the officials who borrowed are not. Everyone was happy.

However, no matter how much trouble it is, these have nothing to do with Lou Jing. He did not participate in the money lending at all. He just asked Yun Ba to find out what officials borrowed, especially those who borrowed from the Anguo government. record it.

In the twinkling of an eye on the thirteenth of the twelfth lunar month, Shen Lian’s "meeting ceremony" was almost received. The officials who returned to Beijing to report on their duties hurried back home, and those who were far away could only spend the New Year in Beijing. .

"Why don't you do that business?" Xiao Chengjun asked Lou Jing. With his temperament, this kind of money-making business would naturally be mixed up.

"No money." Lou Jing muttered, burying his face in front of His Royal Highness Minwang's chest.

No money? Xiao Chengjun said strangely: "Didn't you just make a lot of money from Shen Lian? Why are you out of money?"

It was snowy outside and it was too cold to sit. The two got into the bed after dinner. Xiao Chengjun leaned on the bedside to read, and Lou Jing automatically consciously snuggled into others' arms.

"Most of them have been used to exchange banknotes." Lou Jing stretched out his hand and slowly depicted the dark lines on the Minwang shirt.

The warehouse banknotes are exchanged for Fujana grain. The folks call it "white tiao". They are used to exchange salt. In the official price, one or two warehouse banknotes are exchanged for one salt, and one salt is worth half a tael of silver.

Xiao Chengjun frowned, "You want to attract business with salt?"

"Salt can't be paid in winter, and most people are anxious for the New Year. The banknotes are already cheap enough for a penny to change one or two." Lou Jing rubbed the dragon-shaped dark pattern, thinking if it would be replaced in the future. The yellow inner shirt is embroidered with a five-color dragon pattern, which is definitely more interesting to draw.

In other words, Lou Jing used one coin in exchange for a banknote that was originally worth five dollars!

"How can it be so cheap?" Xiao Chengjun was surprised. Because selling salt is very profitable, Fu Jia has always been willing to pay for the grain in exchange for banknotes. If the price of the banknotes falls to this point, whoever is willing to pay for the grain in the future, it is estimated that they will be sold directly. When the tax money is paid, the government will use money to buy grain again, and it will waste a lot of money and grain.

"There are more white strips but less salt. It is not easy to exchange salt in the past two years," Lou Jing said with a light smile. "Moreover, there are many people in Jiangnan who accept grain and change banknotes, but the salt farm does not produce salt in winter. The salt warehouse is in a hurry. Won't come out."

In the north of the Yancang, there are many people collecting salt, but not many people accepting grains to exchange salt. The opposite is true in the south of the Yangtze River. The reason is that the exchange of salt with white strips requires collusion between government and businessmen. Merchants in the south have no way to go to the official mansion in the north. This has caused the price of Jiangnan Baitiao to fall in winter to this point.