55

"I don't know which lady it is?" Lou Jing frowned slightly. The side room was not an ordinary concubine, and it was not an improper concubine. With the status of the Anguo government, at least it must be an ordinary concubine.

"The prostitute of Jiuchang County, Jiangzhou." Lou Jianyu was very proud when he talked about the side room that was about to pass the door.

The daughter of the county guard? Lou Jing was very surprised. Not only was he honorable, but the civil servants also paid attention to the appropriateness. Although a county guard is not a high-ranking official, it is still a small official position in the locality. How could he marry his prostitute to be a side room?

Lou Jianyu, who is on the upswing, obviously didn't mean to explain to his son, so he was just asking him to come, just don't mess with him.

When his father was in the side room, Lou Jing couldn't say anything, so he responded and went back to the Vermilion Hall, calling the housekeeper to ask, "Who told this father's marriage?"

"Little I don't know, the grandpa did not take an errand even after the spring, and no official lords came to visit." The butler of Suzaku Hall was also dumbfounded.

Lou Jing waved his hand to let the housekeeper go down, and found Yunba to find out who this Jiuchang county guard was. It's not like a serious scholar can do a good job of marrying a prostitute to someone else's side room. Either the county guard wants to curry favor with the house, or the girl has a problem.

Two days later, Yunba found out the clues.

"Do you remember that Xungui's family loaned money a year ago?" Yesterday Lou Jing mentioned the Jiangzhou official who could not be beaten by eight poles. Yunba specifically searched the list of officials who had contact with Anguo Gong a year ago and found it. This person.

The county guard of Jiuchang County was named Yang Xing, and he had a relationship with Lou's family. He was originally a county magistrate and was promoted to the post last year.

Lou Jing just remembered that the officials who Shen Lianguan came to Beijing to report on their work a year ago had to meet with each other, ranging from a few thousand taels to as many as ten thousand taels. Borrow debts from the rich in Beijing. The Lou family has a solid foundation, and Lou Jianyu also incurred a lot of debts.

"So, did the county guard borrow money from his father?" Lou Jing raised his eyebrows. It was a good opportunity to use this to climb up the nobility. He didn't know whether the parent official of Jiuchang County valued the house or the house. See the man Yu.

"Yes," Yunba took out a piece of paper, "this is the account copied by his subordinates in the ledgers, and the silver owed by the others has been paid back one after another. Only Yang Xing has not paid it back."

Lou Jing took the piece of paper and looked at it carefully. It said that Yang Xing owed one thousand taels of silver, and one hundred and twenty taels were sent in February, and then there was no money to return.

"The subordinates inquired about the young man in the upper courtyard. It seems that the grandfather of the country had agreed with the Yang family to send the daughter before the money." Yunba lowered his head and said everything he inquired.

Yunba took Lou Jing's famous post, went to find an official familiar with the staff department, and inquired about the guardian of Jiuchang County. I originally thought it was a greedy for wealth and selling women for glory. Unexpectedly, the result was quite unexpected.

Yang Xing was born in a poor family. He had only a few acres of farming and studying in his family. He was awarded a Jinshi six years ago. He was sent to Jiangzhou as a county magistrate. He was a clean official and didn’t know how to honor his superiors. . Without paying back the silver, it must be because I really couldn't get the one thousand two hundred taels of silver, so I could only marry my daughter.