Chapter 1

I went for a run throughout the neighborhood as I had found myself a little route to take everyday thats not too far from the Pembrooke. I didnt realize that my shoe had untied itself so I ended up tripping over it and I fell, landing on my back. I scraped my leg and my arm but I was fine. Good job Brooke. I muttered to myself. I get up then kneel on one knee to tie my shoelaces together so this doesnt happen again. Are you okay? A soft voice asked, I turned my head towards the direction of where I heard the voice to see a pretty, red headed girl. 

Yeah, Im fine. Im just clumsy. I replied to her, I finished tying my other shoe and stood up. My arm and leg stung a bit but it didnt really hurt. I get up from the floor to kneel on one knee and tie my shoelaces together and tighter so I dont fall again. Thats just embarrassing. Okay. Uh do you want to come in to clean the blood off of you so you're not running around the neighborhood like you got jumped? Asked the red head. I think about it for a moment. Why not? It would save concerning questions from my parents and sister. I replied to her. 

She nodded her head. Yeah. She agreed, I could hear the baby cooing, I followed her gaze seeing a cute baby boy in the backseat of her car. A small laugh escaped her lips. Is he yours? I asked, wondering if the baby was her son. I then realized I havent introduced myself yet. Im Violet by the way, but I prefer to go by my middle name, Brooklyn, Brooke for short. Its nice to meet you. I told her, sticking out my hand for her to shake. Yeah, he is. She had her arms wrapped around her body as we walked over to the car. Im Aurora, but everyone calls me AJ or Rory, and this little guy is Saylor. AJ answered me, she shook my hand. You have a pretty name. Saylor is adorable! I have a little one of my own, her name is Odessa. I say to her, I pulled out my phone to show her a picture of my daughter. 

Thanks. Odessa is such a pretty name.

I smiled at her compliment. Yeah, shes a year old now. 

Aww! shes cute. Saylors a little under a year old.

Thank you. Aww, really? 

AJ had grabbed Saylors carrier before I followed her into the house. Yeah, he may not look like it because of how small he is but he is. AJ took out her house key unlocking the front door and we walked in. She closed the door behind her. I nodded my head at her while smiling at Saylor. I kinda looked around the house as she guided me to the kitchen. She set the carrier next to the dining room table. I sit down at one of the chairs. She was holding Saylor on her hip with one arm. Let me go get the first aid kit from the cabinet. 

Im not gonna lie, I felt a little awkward being here seeing as I just met AJ and I dont go to a strangers house until weve hung out at least a few times. Something told me I could trust this girl so Im listening to my gut and staying put. Im really shy around people when I first get to know people. All I do is observe and see if I can trust a person before opening up to them. Im really cautious when I first meet somebody, especially now, after what happened back in New York before I left. You could say that I might or might not have trust issues. 

AJ walked into the kitchen and opened up a cabinet that had the first aid kit in it before she came back over to me. I took it from her and I started to clean myself up. So, if you dont mind me asking, are you new to Riverdale? Ive never seen you before. AJ questioned me, taking a seat next to me. Yes, Im new to town. I arrived just this morning. My mom and my sister moved here a few days ago before I did. You mightve met my sister, her name is Veronica. I answered her question, I put a band-Aid over the large cut on my leg that I have now. I havent, I actually just got back into town today. I was supposed to be back like three weeks ago but I was impulsive and didnt want to leave so I stayed where I was. 

Ohh, thats reasonable if you didnt want to come back. I didnt really wanna leave New York but I did for my sister. I start school tomorrow and Im not ready. I told her, earning a laugh from the red head. Eh I wanted to come back but like I said I was acting impulsive and psyched myself out of coming home. I start back up tomorrow as well. What grade are you in? AJ asks me, I started to have trouble cleaning my arm since I cant reach the back part of it and she noticed. Do you need some help?