Chapter 14

It was a sleepless night, 

Odessa kept me up all night. Its not like I could sleep anyway after receiving the news that one of the girls on the dance team got injured and is currently at the hospital. I didnt know that girl, but I was worried about her. I was worried about her and Mr. Andrews.

At 5 am in the morning I got ready for school. I'm now sitting in the living room by myself holding a sleeping Odessa in my arms and waiting for my new babysitter to arrive. I'm watching some TV show that I randomly put on to keep my mind off of what has happened ever since AJ, and I got back to town. 

Unfortunately, a lot happened here too. Veronica said that they found out who killed Jason Blossom; his own father shot him right in between the eyes. Jason Blossom was Cheryls twin brother. Mr. Jones, Jugheads dad, had been taken to jail and hes still there. Veronica didnt say why he was in there. So, hes in jail for right now. She also said that Cheryl had tried to take her own life; and that Archie saved her. I had made a mental note to myself to check on her when I get to school. 

 I got up from the couch once I saw that Odessa is soundly sleeping. I go to my room and go over to her bed then gently set her down on it, I put her under the covers and put her blanket over her a bit to keep her somewhat warm. I planted a soft kiss on her little forehead. 

Ill see you soon baby girl, I whispered, I heard a knock at the door, and I went over to it knowing that was Odessas new babysitter. AJ told me last night that she could get her babysitter to babysit not just Saylor but to babysit Odessa too which was a relief for me. 

I opened the door seeing Noelle and she smiled widely at me. Good morning! Noelle says cheerfully and I smiled back at her. Good morning, come in! Come in! I said to her, stepping aside and letting her through. She walked in then I closed the door behind her. Odessa just went down for a nap; I have written down everything youll need. Theres a notepad on the dining room table for you. Ill show you where she is, I told her, Noelle nods her head and I guide her to my bedroom. 

I slowly creek open my door trying to be very careful not to wake up my daughter. I pointed to Odessa and Noelle takes a look. Shes so cute! Noelle said smiling, and I nodded my head in agreement. I closed the door all the way so she doesnt hear any noise that can wake her. Now, itll take her some time to get to know you. Shes a very shy and selective baby, I said to Noelle, and Noelle took a mental note of that. Gotcha! 

I have to get going, my sister will be getting up soon and my mom is already at work. So, feel free to hang out while Odessa is napping, okay? I say to her, grabbing my bag from the living room and my phone. Yes maam, have a good day at school all right? 

Ill try, good luck with Dessa,

Noelle smiles and waves at me as I waved back at her and headed out the door. My phone went off, I grab my phone out of my bag to see who was calling; it was a random number, so I answered and put the phone next to my ear. "Hello?" I answered, raising an eyebrow and wondering who was calling me. "Brooke? Are you busy?" It was Archie on the other line, and I let out a big yawn. AJ or Veronica mustve given him my number or something. The sleepiness was starting to kick in, but I needed to be at school. I already missed too much.  

"No, I'm not why? what's up?"

I was just wondering if you and Ronnie wanted me to walk you guys to school? Archie asked me and I smiled. Well, my sister isnt up yet, I said, heading down to the elevator doors. I pressed one of the buttons and the elevator doors closed. "I can walk you then? Archie suggested and I thought about it for a moment. Why not? Ill wait for you,

I got to the first floor of the Pembrooke where I saw Mr, Smithers. "Good morning, Mr. Smithers," I called out to him, and he turned his attention to me. "Good morning, Miss. Brooke," Mr. Smithers asked, I walked towards him. "Do you need me to take you anywhere? He questioned. "No, Mr. Smithers, I reply, and he nods his head. Mr. Smithers left the subject alone and went back to working on something.