Chapter 24

BeeBee. I heard Sweet Pea say my name, and I let out a soft moan. What? I asked, still sleeping. I was laying on my stomach and I had my head on my pillow. Your sister keeps blowing up your phone. Sweet Pea chuckled and I groaned, burying my face into the pillow. No. I grumbled, earning a soft chuckle from him. BeeBee, come on wakey wakey. Sweet Pea says, shaking me awake and I playfully glared at him. 

Youre lucky I like you or else youd be a dead man right now for waking me up from my sleep. I teased but at the same time I was serious. Sweet Pea was laying next to me, he smiled and shook his head. Yeah, right. 

I stuck out my tongue at him and groaned again when I heard my phone going off. Shes been calling you all morning. Sweet Pea says to me, he grabbed my phone from the nightstand and he handed it to me. I saw my sisters contact name on the screen and I pressed the green phone icon then put the phone next to my ear. Morning sis. I greeted her grumpily, rubbing my eyes so I could wake up. Good morning, sunshine. Have a fun night with your man? Veronica teased me, causing a smile to appear on my face and I let out a little giggle knowing shes talking about Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea heard Veronica and he also smiled. Veronica calls this boy my man and I find it funny sometimes because were not officially dating yet. Im taking that giggle as a yes. Veronica laughs and my smile grew wider when I heard my daughter babbling in the background. Aw, is that my baby in the back? I asked, hoping it was Odessa. Sweet Pea was holding my hand and tracing random shapes on the back of my palm. 

Yes, it is and she misses you. She misses her momma and I miss my sister. Veronica whined and I chuckled. My heart melted when hearing Odessa starting to cry on the line and Veronica was trying to comfort her. Aw, well I promise Ill be home soon. I promised her and Odessa continued to cry on the line, assuming that she heard my voice. Sweet Pea listening to the conversation, he smiled more when we made eye contact. How about we go get breakfast together? Ill bring Desi. Veronica said and I nodded my head even though she couldnt see me.

Sounds good, Ill meet you there in a half hour.

Sounds good. See you there. Veronica hung up the phone and I let out a big yawn. I gotta meet my sister. I rubbed my eyes again as I am still sleepy. Okay, will I see you again tonight maybe? Sweet Pea asked, and I gave him a look while I got up from his bed. As much as Id love to, I need to see my daughter. She misses me and I really miss her. I told him and he pouted but he nodded his head. Okay, and hey Ill drop you off at Pops. Youre not allowed to walk there, especially alone. Sweet Pea says to me and I just nodded my head at him. 

I went into my bag to get my clothes I was wearing last night. I slept in his shirt. I grabbed them and I went to the bathroom to change. I quickly changed back into the outfit I was wearing last night and I came back out of the bathroom. I walked into the bedroom holding his shirt in my hands. He turned to look at me when I walked in once he had put on a shirt. I hand him the shirt but he shook his head at me. Keep it, its yours now. 

I smiled. Okay. 

I put the shirt in my bag and I sighed. Whats wrong? Sweet Pea questioned as he grabbed his keys from the nightstand. Im still freaked out about last night. I replied to him, fiddling with my fingers as he came over to me. My hands were starting to become a bit shaky. BeeBee, its okay. No one's gonna hurt you for as long as Im here. Archie is an idiot. That I totally agree with. 

Sweet Pea was standing in front of me now and holding my hands in his while we made eye contact. I-I know. I-Its just...It gave me a flashback back to when my brother and I were walking home from our boxing session. I was so scared that I couldnt move o-or say anything. And I want to stop feeling scared all the damn time. I said to him as last nights events replayed in my mind. BeeBee, like I said, no one's ever gonna hurt you for as long as Im around and AJ and Fangs and everyone that cares about you. Youre safe with me, always. Sweet Pea reassures me for the millionth time and tears prick my eyes.