Chapter 6

The next day I was awakened by the sounds of birds chirping and people talking in the other room. I realized I did not wake up in my bed, I was in someone elses, and I panicked. I looked down at my clothes, my eyes widened seeing Im wearing something different than what I was wearing last night. It was still girls' clothes just not mine. Heavy footsteps were coming down the hallway, I turned my head towards the door. Its Sweet pea, he had a bag and a drink from Pops in his hands. 

"Good morning sleepy head. Its 1 pm. Sweet pea greeted me jokingly as he walked into the room and over to me and sat down next to me. Good morning. I yawned, stretching my arms and legs like a cat. Fangs and Toni brought you food. Theyre in the living room talking to Witchy. Sweet pea says to me, handing me the bag and the drink. Awww, they didnt have to, um, you said its 1 pm? I asked, rubbing my eyes trying to wake up.

"Yeah, you slept all night and all morning. I didnt want to wake you. Sweet pea said to me, and I smiled at him. He smiled back at me. My mom's gonna kill me when I get home. I joked, earning a small laugh from the giant. No, she wont! I told her you slept over at my house last night! AJ yelled from the other room, and I giggled, shaking my head at her. Thanks, babes! I yelled back. 

"Anytime! 

"Do you remember anything from last night? Sweet pea asked, I looked at him nodding my head remembering everything. I mumbled a small yeah. I took out the hamburger from the bag and I took a bite out of it. What did you mean when you said you needed to go get your daughter? That was the last thing you said before you fainted. Sweet pea asks me, and I swallowed before speaking.

"My friend Mia called me last night, Im not quite sure what happened back home but she said that she was physically hurt and so were my other friends when she dropped off Rose, my baby daddys girlfriend back at their house. I was going to leave before the whole fight between me and that tall man. I explained to him, taking a sip of my soda and taking another bite of the burger. 

"Really? Sweet pea handed me my phone that was sitting on the nightstand next to him. I took it from him and started to go through it to see if I got any new messages. Yep, thats why I was anxious as hell, uhm, Im scared for my daughter, I mumbled the last part. I replied to some of the messages I received from the girls and from some other friends. 

"Is he that bad? Sweet pea arched a brow at me. Yes, Dakota, my fathers daughter, is physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive. I have no idea if hes hurt Odessa, but I know hes hurt his girlfriend, and my friends Mia and Jasper. I replied to him. I havent talked to him about my relationship with Dakota. I havent told AJ about it yet either. 

"Has he been abusive w-with you? Sweet pea hesitated a little in his question. I put down my phone to look at him and went quiet. I froze and set down my food. I bit my bottom lip. 

"T-that's something Im not ready to talk about. I stammered, my hands were shaky, and he noticed. I looked down at my hands, they had some cuts and bruises from the fights Ive gotten into. He put his large hands on my small ones. Thats alright, Im all ears whenever youre ready to tell me, okay? Sweet pea says to me, he pulled me into a hug, and I hugged back the boy. I was glad he wasnt forcing me to talk about it.

I pulled away from the hug. I put the food back into the bag, becoming full after a few bites. Are you gonna go back to New York to get your daughter? I shrugged my shoulders leaning back against the pillows. Well see, I said to him, I need to think of a plan. I dont wanna go to New York unprepared.

"Are you ready to get up? I nodded my head, and he gave me his hand. I took it then I got up with his help. Ill save the food for later, I got full. I tell him as he gave me a look. You need to eat more. Sweet pea told me while we walked out of the bedroom. I walked behind him. Technically, I ate half a burger, so I did.