Chapter 19

I was waiting for Sweet pea outside of the Pembrooke. Mom and Dad encouraged me to hang out with Sweet pea after they convinced me that they'd take care of Odessa since they were staying in for the rest of the night. I was only going to cancel on him if no one was available to watch her. Im not going to lie, I am a little nervous about hanging out with him alone. We usually hang out with AJ and their friends if were hanging out as a group. 

I smiled widely seeing him pull up in front of the Pembrooke. He parked his bike in front of me and I skipped over to him. I greeted the giant Serpent with a huge hug as I really needed one after a long, tough day. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders; he wrapped his large arms around my waist as I buried my face into the crook of his neck. Hey, hey, are you okay? Sweet pea asked, I shook my head no. 

"Rough day at school today. I answered him, lifting my head to look at him. Do you want to talk about it? Sweet pea raised an eyebrow at me. I was a little hesitant before nodding my head. When we get to your trailer. Its a lot. I replied to him as I let go of him. He handed me his helmet and I put it on then got onto the bike and wrapped my arms around his torso. Sweet pea took off the second I held onto him. 

I held onto him tightly while we made our way to the Southside. I was laying my head on his back with my eyes closed the entire way there. I havent told AJ anything about what happened today so thatll be a conversation put on hold for now. Unless Archie told her since he was there. I felt the bike stop and I lifted my head off his back to see where we were. I see that we are the corner store. 

"I dont have any snacks at the trailer so were gonna buy some, okay? Sweet Pea said to me and I nodded my head at him. I took off the helmet and followed him into the store. I stood right next to the giant while we went to the snack aisle of the store to see what options they had. We made a circle around the aisles and we grabbed a couple of bags. Do we get drinks too? 

Sweet Pea looked at me nodding his head. Yeah, pick whatever you want. 

I started to look through the drinks and I grabbed an energy drink and a Gatorade. Sweet pea grabbed a soda and something else. Once we were set we went to the cashier and waited in line for a couple of minutes. I flinched when my phone went off, Sweet pea put a comforting hand on my shoulder and I looked up at the giant giving him a small smile. I took out my phone to check and I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was just AJ. 

"Who is it? Sweet pea asked, and I showed him the text AJ sent me. 

To: Brookes 

From: Rory 

Tell the green giant that if he doesnt take good care of you while you are hanging out tonight, I will have his head! 

I giggled at Sweet peas reaction. Fair enough, tell her she has nothing to worry about. Sweet pea chuckled and I nodded my head at him as we slightly moved. I started typing on my keyboard and then sent a text back to AJ. We were next in line, so thankfully we didnt have to wait much longer. The cashier called us over and we walked over to her, she quickly scanned the items before telling us how much they cost. 

Sweet pea and I went to take out our wallets and we gave each other a look. Put the wallet away. Sweet pea says to me and I shook my head no. No, I have money too I can pay. I said to him, going to insert the card into the machine but he stopped me and Sweet pea shook his head disapprovingly as he inserted the card into the machine. The cashier giggled at us then bagged our snacks. 

"I pay, no ifs ands or buts. Sweet pea said, taking out his card out of the machine and putting it back into his wallet. Okay, okay. I giggled, putting my card back into my wallet; the cashier smiled at us while handing us the bag. Sweet pea took the bag and we walked out of the store and went over to his bike. Sweet pea put the bag on one of the handlebars and waited for me to hop on. 

I hopped on and then wrapped my arms around his torso. He started the bike, then we headed back to his trailer.

We arrived back at the trailer moments later, Sweet pea parked his bike and I hopped off of it. I followed the giant into the trailer and he closed the door behind me. Make yourself comfortable. Sweet pea tells me, I set my bag down on the couch but kept my phone in my back pocket. I took off my shoes as they were hurting my feet. We walked over to the kitchen area and placed the bag down on the counter. The place looked a little cramped and just a little messy but it was okay. 

Ive seen much worse than this.

"You look for a movie to put on while I prepare the popcorn.  He said, starting to take the snacks out of the bag and I nodded my head at him. I scanned my eyes around the living room trying to find the remote. I spotted it on the dresser and I walked over to it and grabbed it.

I pressed the power button and turned on the TV. Netflix? I suggested, turning to look at Sweet pea; he put popcorn in the microwave. He looked at me once he pressed the start button on the microwave. Yeah, we can watch whatever we find on Netflix. 

"Okay. I said, standing in front of the TV and flipping through Netflix. I took a couple of minutes to look before hearing my phone ding. I stopped what I was doing and pulled out my phone to see a few messages from Taylor. I let out a deep sigh reading the text. It was a couple of mean ones, I was already in a bad mood so this just made it worse. Brooke? Sweet pea calls my name, I look up from my phone and over at him. 

"Whats wrong? Sweet pea questions me whilst he takes the popcorn out of the microwave. He set it down on the counter and he came over to me. I shook my head at him and hid my phone from him. Let me see. Sweet pea said to me, taking my phone from me and looking at the text message from Taylor. He seemed to get a little mad. Whos Taylor, BeeBee? Sweet pea looks at me as he puts my phone beside him. BeeBee is a nickname hes recently been calling me after hearing AJ call me Bee a few times.

"Its this bitch at school. Shes been mean to me for no reason. I sighed, Sweet pea opened his arms for a hug and I hugged him needing the comfort. How long has this been going on? 

"Not long. I dont know how she got my number. But her messaging me every minute is annoying. She was talking shit about me and my new friend Lux earlier at school today. Since Ive been so stressed about my daughter my emotions got the best of me today. I ranted, looking up at him; tears running down my cheeks. 

"Hey, BeeBee dont cry. Dont let some girl get to you. If anything shes jealous of you. Sweet pea tells me and I sniffled. Theres nothing to be jealous of. I muttered but I knew he heard me. Brooke, youre literally one of the prettiest girls in this town. Hell, you are the prettiest. Sweet pea says to me, trying to make me feel better. I let out a sad chuckle and smiled a bit.

"See, theres that beautiful smile. Sweet pea says, and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. When I go to look away from him, he grabs my chin and makes me look at him. My heart raced in my chest as he leaned in. I kind of knew where this was going. 

His lips connected with mine. I hesitate at first but then accepted it and kissed him back. 

Well, this night just got interesting.