Chapter 26

I smiled at my sleeping daughter. I didnt wanna go to school today because I wanted to avoid Archie at all costs. Plus, I havent had much time with my daughter so I wanted to spend time with her. I had just gotten done doing my school work; if I dont go to school I make sure to do my schoolwork first. 

I shut my computer down when I made sure I was done with everything. Hearing a knock on my door, I got up from my chair and I went to the door. I peeked through the little hole and saw AJ holding Saylors carrier. I sighed, hesitating a moment before answering the door.

I havent exactly told her what happened the other night with Archie. AJ smiled at me and I smiled back at her. Hi Bee! AJ greeted me cheerfully as she hugged me and I hugged her back. Hi Babes. I greeted back, stepping aside and letting her through. When she walked in, I closed the door behind her and locked the door. 

To what do I owe to this unexpected visit? I asked, guiding my best friend to the dining room and we took a seat.

Well, first of all, Ive missed to I wanted to drop by and secondly because theres some things I wanted to talk to you about, Bee. AJ says as she looked around where to place Saylors carrier. You can set Saylor with Desi in my room. I told her and she nodded her head starting to walk to my room. 

Your room is on the left, right?

Yes!

AJ went to put Saylor down and she walked back to the dining room a moment later. I was sitting down at the dining table. She sat down at the chair next to me and I wondered what she wanted to talk about.

So, Fangs told me what happened the other night with Archie. AJ began to say and I gulped. Why didnt you tell me right away? I couldve talked to my brother. AJ asked me and I bit my bottom lip. B-because I was too scared to say anything and I still am. 

AJ grabbed my hand and she nodded her head almost like she understood. I understand, I wouldve been scared too. But next time he does anything like that please, please come to me. Okay? AJ says to me and I nodded my head at her as a tear slipped out of my eye.

He really scared me AJ. I said to her, and she squeezed my hand. I know, Im so sorry on Archies behalf. AJ apologized, and I shook my head at her. I-its not your fault. Dont apologize for something that you didnt do. I told her.

I want nothing to do with Archie for a while s-so Im not gonna come o-over for a while. I stuttered out and she leaned her chin into her palm as she had her free arm on the table. I understand, I wouldnt want to either if I were you. AJ reassured me.

So, whats the other thing you wanted to talk to me about? I asked, wiping my tears away that rolled down my cheeks. Well, Toni and I were talking the other day about you. AJ started to say and I nodded my head for her to continue. We were thinking about asking you to join the Serpents.

My jaw dropped. Me? J-join the Serpents? 

AJ smiled widely. Yeah! I mean, why not? Youre technically a Serpent. Youre Serpent adjacent. 

I was a little skeptical about that. Eh. I dont know. I shrugged my shoulders. Have you met my father?

Yes I have. You already dont do what he says, Bee. Come on! You should join us. Toni and I can even teach you the dance. Knowing you by now, youll spice it up. AJ stated and a small smirk appeared on my lips knowing that. You know me too well. I laughed and so did she. That I do.

What do you say? AJ questioned and I was unsure. I dont know. I replied to her, it was true, I had no idea if I wanted to join them or not. Whats making you have second thoughts, Brooke? AJ raised an eyebrow at me. I looked at AJ before letting out a soft sigh. Its not that I dont want to. I kind of want to. Its just Im skeptical. I tell her. Skeptical about what?

Desi. I say to her and AJ hummed in response. She wont be in any danger. 

How do you know that?

Because Saylor hasnt been in any danger.

Thats because you were away for a while and you just came back to town, babes. Your friends and everyone else in town have no idea that you have a son. People know about Des. I said to her, and AJ tapped her nails on the table. I say to her, letting go of her hand and started fiddling with my fingers and looked down at the floor.

That may be true but my friends dont know about Saylor because they like to run their mouths when they are in a right situation when they are scared or nervous and some of the people in the serpents know about Saylor. AJ told me. 

I hummed. I understand that but still. I cant handle the thought of something happening to Desi or worse.

Honey, we will protect her just like we protect her mother. Theres nothing to be worried about, I promise. No one is gonna hurt Desi or you. AJ reassured me before I sighed. I nodded my head.

Okay, when do we start rehearsals?