Chapter 12

AJ and I are currently rushing into Riverdale General Hospital. AJ had gotten a frantic phone call from Archie earlier this morning saying that Mr. Andrews has been shot. Archie and Mr. Andrews were at Pops having some breakfast until some random thief with a gun came into the diner. The second that the train had stopped, we got our things and headed straight here. 

I held Odessas carrier in my hand while we arrived at the floor where Archie is at. My heart broke seeing a worried Archie whos covered in blood. AJ ran over to her brother and hugged him. I saw my mom, sister, some of her friends, and a few adults. Veronicas face lit up in excitement when saw me. She ran over to me with Betty and Kevin behind her. 

Brooke! Veronica tackled me into a hug almost knocking us over. I hugged her back with my free arm. Youre finally home! You must tell me everything that happened in New York! Veronica exclaimed. I pulled away from the hug and I looked at my sister. I will I promise, a lot went down, but right now lets focus on Mr. Andrews, I told her, and she nods her head at me. I glanced at Archie who was staring over at us. 

Betty came over to hug me and I hug her back. You worried us when Veronica said you left town during the dance, Betty whispered in my ear. I know as I said, Ill explain everything later, I whispered back into her ear. Betty pulled away from the hug, and Kevin was next to hug me. Hi Bunny, I missed you, Kevin says to me, and I smiled at the nickname. I missed you too Kev, I say, pulling away and he crouches down to look at my daughter. Aww! Is that? Kevin asks looking at me and I nod my head.

Thats my Odessa, I said, I put the carrier on a chair near me and I took Odessa out of it to carry her. Shes wide awake now, she looks so cute with her bed hair. Odessa is looking around and taking a good look at Veronica, Betty, and Kevin. She reaches her little arms out once she saw Veronica.

 Someone wants her auntie, I said to Veronica, she smiles widely and walks over to take Odessa from me, and she did. Hi baby girl, Veronica baby-talked Odessa, Odessa smiles back at Veronica. Odessa continued to look at Betty and Kevin. Dont mind her staring, shes studying you since she doesnt know you guys. 

Thats fine, shes so adorable! How old is she? Kevin asks, letting Odessa grab his index finger. Shes a year old now, shes turning two in June, I answered Kevin, I couldnt hold back a smile seeing how happy Odessa is. Shes adorable, Brooke, Betty commented, and I nodded my head in agreement. Yeah, she is, I agreed, I glanced at Archie and AJ, they were speaking to each other. 

Hows Mr. Andrews doing? I asked, looking back at Veronica, Betty, and Kevin. We havent heard anything yet. We're waiting on the doctors right now to tell us, hes in surgery, Betty answered me, and I nodded my head. AJ was speaking to her brother, so I decided to walk over to them letting Veronica introduce Odessa to everyone else. She appeared to be liking the center of attention. 

Just then the doctor came in. He walked over to Archie and AJ. Archie Andrews? Im Steven Masters, Im your fathers doctor, The doctor said to him, and everyone perked up at the mention of Mr. Andrews. How is he? Archie and AJ asked Dr. Masters, and Dr. Masters looks at them. Well, we got the bullet out. And weve stopped the internal bleeding, but whats most worrisome is that hes not breathing on his own yet, Dr. Masters answered both of them. 

We need to see him, Archie and AJ said, wanting to see their father. And you will. As soon as weve got him set in a room, youll be able to see him. Should be an hour or two at the most, Dr. Masters reassures the Andrews siblings. And what are we supposed to do? Nothing? Archie asks, I started to walk away from my sister, Kevin, and Betty. I go over to them. Maybemaybe you should go home and get changed, Veronica says, walking over as well whilst holding Odessa in her arms. 

Archie took notice of Odessa and smiles a bit before shaking his head no. 

No, Im not leaving,

I turned to AJ. Yeah, I agree, AJ you need to go home and get some rest we just got here, you look exhausted, I try to reason with them as I glance at my sister. Screw that! Im not leaving either, AJ argues with me, and I gave her a look. No, Archie, AJ Veronica, and Brooke are right, Betty agreed with Veronica and I.