Chapter 28

Sadie dropped me off late back at the Pembrooke. We had a 20-minute argument about whether or not just spending the night at the Cooper residence. As much as I would've loved to sleepover at her house, I couldn't and that's because I wanted to be with my daughter. I even wanted Sadie to stay but Mrs. Cooper kept blowing up her phone to get home, so I understood. We got a hamburger and milkshake with AJ and Toni. One hour turned into 5 hours; we left Pops around almost 1am so Sadie and I left. I honestly have no idea how late Toni and AJ left Pops since I crashed the second, I laid down on my bed. 

I had awakened to the sound of my daughter crying so I got up and went to see what she needed. She was hungry and she needed a diaper change, so I changed her then fed her. Noelle has been doing such a good job in taking care of Odessa whenever I can't or no one in the family can't. Veronica and Archie or Mom and Dad are mostly the ones taking care of her if Noelle can't show up which I'm always thankful for. Today I'm going to spend some time with her; AJ wants to visit FP in jail so I'm gonna bring Odessa with me and AJ is going to bring Saylor with her. I'm currently finishing getting ready whilst watching my daughter play in her pen through my vanity mirror.

Odessa is sitting and watching me putting on my makeup. I smiled at her, and she smiled back at me. A knock at my bedroom made me turn my head toward it wondering who's knocking. To my surprise, it my Dad. "Good morning, Mija." Dad greeted me, and I smiled at my father. "Good morning, Daddy." I greeted him back, turning to face my vanity mirror again going back into doing my eyeliner. I've been a little behind in doing my makeup since I got distracted watching youtube videos. "How are you, Mija? I feel like I haven't really seen you since I got out of jail." Dad says to me, taking my desk chair and placing it down next to me. "I've been good, I've just been really busy with school, and I've been hanging out with my friend AJ. Archie's sister." 

I set down my eyeliner to look at my father. "Archie's sister? Her name is Aurora, right?" I nodded my head at him. "How come I haven't met her yet?" 

I gave my father a look. "Because you haven't asked to meet her." I replied to him with a little bit of sass and Dad hummed in response. "Your mother also has been telling me about this boy you've been seeing?" Dad gave me THAT fatherly look when it comes to talking about boys. I got really nervous and gulped not expecting Mom to have been telling him anything. "Uh, yeah, he's nothing to be worrying about, Daddy." I reassured him and Dad gave me a look. "Mija, he's a boy. Of course, he's something to be worried about." Dad said to me, and I let out a soft chuckle. "Well, this boy happens to make me really happy." I told him, causing Dad to smile and I smiled too. "I'm glad he does, princesa. Is it good if I meet this mysterious boy and your friend AJ?" 

I nodded my head at him in response as my phone went off, meaning AJ was here. Since my phone was right next to me, all I had to do was glance down and see the message that she sent me that read: 'beep, beep' 

"She's here. I want you to meet her another time though. Is that okay, Papi?" 

Dad smiles and nodded his head as we stood up. "That's fine, my little palomita." 

I smile back at my Dad before giving him a big hug because I have missed him a lot nowadays and I hardly get to see him because of how busy I've been. Dad kissed the top of my head and I pulled away from the hug and went to get my daughter from her play pen. I picked up Odessa and placed her on my hip. I walked over to my bed that had my daughter's bag and my handbag; I grabbed both of them and wrapped the straps of the bags over my shoulders. "I'll see you later, Papi." I said to him, grabbing my keys from my nightstand holder and walked over to my bedroom door that Dad opened the second he saw me walking towards it. 

I placed a soft kiss on Dad's cheek. "Bye, my little princesa's." Dad says to us, giving Odessa a kiss on the cheek, causing her to smile which made me smile as well. "Bye!" I waved at him whilst walking towards the door and went all the way to the front of Pembrooke. AJ was waiting for me. I tapped the window glass to get her attention and she jumped, and I giggled at her when she playfully glared at me when she realized who it was. "Bitch!" AJ mouthed, rolling down her window and there was a smile on her face once she sees Odessa. "Hi baby girl!" AJ spoke to Odessa, Odessa smiled widely once she realized who was talking to her and smiled widely.