Chapter 33

After speaking with Archie, he went to meet up with Betty about something, so I left to meet up with my sister and daughter at Pops.  I'm currently sitting across from her whilst she was holding Odessa who was cooing. "So, you and Sweet Pea are officially together, finally?" Veronica asked, raising her eyebrows at me in a teasing manner. I giggled hearing my boyfriend's name and nod my head. "Yeah, we're officially together." I confirmed, and my sister smiled. "I'm glad, he might be a Serpent, but I approve. I haven't seen you this happy in a while." Veronica squeals excitedly, and I couldn't help but smile. 

"He makes me the happiest girl on earth." I admit, smiling more. "Aww!" Veronica squealed, causing me to laugh. Pop Tate finally came around with my food. "Thank you, Pop." I said to him, and he smiled at me. "You're welcome, Miss. Brooke. How's the little bundle of joy doing?" Pop Tate asked, looking and smiling over at Odessa who continued to make cooing sounds. "She's been a little fussy lately but that's because I'm pretty sure she misses her Aunties that are back in New York. But she's a happy baby overall." I replied to him, and Pop Tate smiled widely. 

"Aw, well, I'm glad Miss. Odessa is doing well." Pop Tate said to me as Odessa looked at Pop Tate and she smiled widely at him. Pop Tate then left to go assist other customers and I began eating my food. I heard my phone chime, causing me to flinch. I reached into my purse and pulled out my phone to check. I saw a few messages from Sweet Pea, Fangs and Toni and from our group chat that also has AJ in it. I saw a text from Jughead, and he was asking me for my help in something. Again. "Who is it, hermanita?" Veronica asks, raising an eyebrow at me. "Jughead. He needs my help with something. Is it okay if I go see what he wants after this? You can have Desi all to yourself." I told my sister. 

Veronica nodded her head excitedly. "We always have fun, don't we Des?" Veronica asked my daughter, talking in a baby voice. I giggled when Odessa just coos in response. I continued eating my food as I replied back to Sweet Pea since I haven't talked to him since yesterday's incident with Archie. "How are you and Archibald doing? I hope he's treating you well still." I asked and said while eating my burger. Veronica smiled widely at the mention of Archie. "We're doing well. We're actually going on another date soon, probably on Friday. Hey! Why won't we go on a double date? I don't think Archie has met Sweet Pea, has he?" 

I shook my head 'no' at her question whilst I chewed and swallowed my food. "No, he hasn't met Sweet Pea yet. But I'm down for a double date. I miss those. Let me speak with Sweet Pea and see what he says." I pointed out and Vernoica was already oh so excited now which made me laugh. I swallowed down my food and took a sip of my Milkshake. The doorbell chimed signaling someone has just walked in. I looked over at who walked in, my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach when seeing a guy that looked almost exactly like Dakota. 

"What? Brooke, what's wrong?" Veronica questioned, turning her head to follow my gaze and her eyes widened and she looked back at me. "It's not him, hermanita. You can relax." Veronica reassured and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. I leaned my back against the booth. "Brooke, you shouldn't be so scared." I gave my sister a look. "Veronica, he threatened to kill me. Of course, I'm scared still." I snapped at her, if she was me, she would be scared too. "I gotta go. You can order a to-go box for me. I need to meet up with Jughead." I said, not wanting to talk more about Dakota.

I got up from the booth and went over to my daughter to give her a kiss on the cheek and I did. I also gave one to Veronica before leaving to go find Jughead. 

~~~

I called Jughead a few minutes ago wondering where he wanted to meet me, and he said to go to his trailer. So, that's where I'm currently waiting. I'm sitting on the little steps on the porch while waiting. I know I could be waiting with Sweet Pea or Toni but then I'm not gonna want to leave so I'm waiting at Jughead's trailer like he said to. "Brooke! Over here!" Jughead's voice filled my ears, I heard footsteps approaching the trailer and I quickly stood up as Jughead was at the bottom of the little steps.