Chapter 4

I groaned as my alarm clock went off, I picked it up from my nightstand and threw it across the room not caring where it landed. I got up from my bed and I dragged my tired feet across the carpet floor to my closet. I flipped through the shirts that I had, my purple t-shirt caught my attention and I grabbed it. Next to my purple t-shirt was my favorite black leather jacket. I grabbed that too since I haven't worn it in a while and it keeps me warm as well. I get my combat boots at the same time from the shoe rack that's filled with a boatload of different kinds of shoes.  

I go to my dresser to get my black skinny jeans to complete the outfit. I quickly changed into my outfit because I didnt wanna be late for school. I walked out of my room, and tip-toed my way to the bathroom, trying to keep quiet not wanting to wake up Mom or Veronica. I walked in grabbing my hairbrush from the sink and I brushed out my hair to get rid of the tangles. I left it in its natural waves.

I brushed my teeth and my face. I sat in front of my vanity mirror to put on a little bit of makeup. I get up from my seat looking for my keys, wallet, and my schoolbag. My keys and wallet were sitting on my desk and my school bag was sitting on my desk chair. I take them then I sneak out of the apartment once I take an apple on the way out for breakfast. I get downstairs seeing Mr. Smithers is ready to take me to school. 

Are you ready Miss. Brooke? Mr. Smithers asked, I nodded my head at him and he escorted me to the car. He opened the door for me and I climbed in. Is Miss. Veronica coming? Mr. Smithers held the door open, in case my sister is joining us.No, Veronica isnt awake yet. I answered him, he closed the door gently. He came to the driver's seat of the car and we were on our way to school. I felt my phone going off so I took it out of my bag to check my messages and I smiled seeing some messages from AJ. 

I texted her back telling her I was sorry for not letting her know I had gotten home and I was also telling her about Sweet pea walking me home last night. The reason why I left earlier than usual is that I wanted to check out the dance team and the cheerleading team. I want to join at least one of those two; I did both back home but that was until I had Odessa and I had to leave school for a while. I was depressed and heartbroken over Dakota when we broke up. I focused on my daughter more than on extracurricular activities. I had finished the rest of the school year online.

We had just broken up when I found out I was pregnant with his child. Things escalated so quickly and the pregnancy felt like a blur because of how fast it happened. I loved that boy with my whole heart and all he did in return was break it leaving me high and dry for another girl. When he learned that I got pregnant, he wasnt exactly involved. We didnt get back together though. He had started dating Rose who was more of a father to Odessa than Dakota himself. Rose came with Mia, Jasper, and me to all the doctor appointments. Rose and I were good friends until she got with Dakota. 

Dakota always had excuses for why he never went with us or when he didnt show up at all at important things. Rose consoled me along with the girls, she even left him at one point, then got back together with him after I left New York. I dont really care about them anymore though as my focus is my daughter. My thoughts were interrupted by the car coming to a stop. Weve arrived Miss. Brooke. Mr. Smithers says to me, I unbuckled my seatbelt. Thank you, Mr. Smithers. I get out of the car with my phone in my hands replying back to AJ and holding the strap of my bag in the other. 

Mr. Smithers didn't drive off until I entered the building. I go to my locker to get my books for the morning so I dont have to get them later. Down the hallway, I saw Archie and Reggie with the football team. The 3 of us made eye contact, they waved at me and I waved back at the two. From afar, I saw that Reggie had a black eye on the left eye. I let out a soft sigh, Im starting to become worried about him. I had a friend back home that went through abuse; so its not hard to miss the signs. I know them a little bit too well.