Chapter 13

Brooke, are you ready?" I saw AJ come back into her room through her vanity mirror. I let out a small sigh after putting in my other earring. I spent the night at her house, I didnt get enough sleep last night. Not after receiving that text message about Dakota finally getting arrested. I managed to talk to AJ about going to school with me today so shes coming. 

"I guess so. Are you?" I shrugged; AJ stood behind me with her hands on my shoulders looking at me through the mirror. She turns me around in her chair to face her so she can put some of her lip-gloss on my lips. She dug through her purse then took it out, put some of it on my lips, and then put it away. 

"No, yet again who is?" AJ responded to me, taking my hand and dragging me downstairs. I texted Veronica earlier to bring my bookbag for me since she and Archie left earlier. We walked downstairs and went straight to the Jeep. Whos going to watch Saylor by the way? I ask, wondering whos going to watch her little boy. I didn't want him to be left alone. Uh, Birdie, she came by earlier when you were sleeping to pick him up, AJ replies, I nodded my head. No wonder I didnt wake up to a baby cry. We got to the jeep; AJ got into the drivers seat then I got into the passenger's seat. 

We got into the Jeep and made our way to the school. Is your mom watching Odessa? AJ questions me, I pull out my phone receiving a text from her that answers her question. Yeah, shes watching her for me, she just texted to let me know, I tell her, typing a text and then sending it. AJ made a few turns, and before we knew it, we arrived at school. AJ parked her Jeep in the school parking lot. 

She sighed looking at the high school. We unbuckled our seatbelts then we got out of the Jeep. AJ links arms with me and we both become hesitant about walking in. Im so not ready for this, AJ groaned, scanning her eyes around the parking lot and courtyard. A lot of students were arriving. From afar, I saw my friend Chloe walking into the building. I know, Im not ready either, 

We walked into the school together. All eyes were on us, well, they were mostly on AJ. I guided her to my locker; we ignored the stares and went straight to it. I gathered my books together at my locker as AJ leaned against the locker next to mine. AJ sighed deeply, which meant that she doesnt want to be here.

"The day will fly by, baby. I promise, I reassured my best friend, and she groaned in response. I want it to be over now! AJ whined, putting her head on my shoulder. I patted her back as I saw Veronica and Archie headed this way. Veronica was ahead of Archie; she had my bookbag in her hands and she smiled at me when we made eye contact. 

Hermanita! (Little sister) Veronica called me, I waved at her. AJ lifts her head from my shoulder hearing my sister's voice. Here you go, Veronica handed me my bookbag and I put the straps of the bag over my shoulders. Thank you, sis! Ill see you at lunch? I ask, she nodded her head. Yeah! 

Veronica looked at AJ and giggled. AJ, you look like you dont want to be here, Veronica said to her. Obviously, I dont but Im only here for Brooke, 

I giggle at my best friend. The warning bell went off. AJ let out a small ugh before turning around and grabbing my hand then dragging me to class. 

~~~

It was a long morning, 

Its the end of my free period, Im turning the corner and then walking into the nearest bathroom. I took out some of the makeup I had in my bag and touched up some of it. Brooklyn, I heard you're back." A whiny voice said, I mentally rolled my eyes. I look seeing a familiar face behind me in the mirror. It was Ariella. Yes, I am back. Im sorry I couldnt tell you what was going on, I had an emergency to get to in New York, I said to her, turning around and looking at her. 

Thats okay, we only worked on our routines, but next time please tell me. I want to make sure youre ready for our first performance of the year, Ariella says to me, and I smile at her. I promise I will, Ill tell you everything at practice, okay?