Chapter 9

I stayed all day and all night at the hospital keeping Mia and Odessa company. I kept giving Mom and AJ updates. I told Mom to show AJ around New York since I was going to be staying at the hospital. Im currently in Odessas room making sure shes getting fed. Odessa has been nothing but a happy baby since yesterday afternoon. Odessa was done feeding so I put the bottle down on the counter. I sat down on the rocking chair that the hospital room had. 

A knock made my head snap toward wondering who it was. The door opened, and it was one of the doctors. Has Odessa been fed, momma? I nod my head at the doctor as he walked over. Another doctor and nurse walked in. Were going to run some tests on her to see how shes doing. You can stay in the room if youd like to. 

I heard my phone buzzing. I have to get that. Ill be right outside if she starts being fussy. 

I let the doctors take a sleepy Odessa and they placed her on her small bed. I got up from the rocking chair and went to grab my phone that was next to the sink. I grabbed it and then went outside into the quiet hallway. It was a missed call from Sweet pea. I unlocked my phone went to his contact and dialed his number and put my phone next to my ear. Brookie! Sweet pea said cheerfully, and I giggled. Hey! Whats up? I asked, a smile crept up to my face hearing Sweet peas voice. Nothing much, at school but I'm not in class. I wanted to check on you. How are you and little Odessa? Sweet pea answered, my heart melted when he said that. 

"Baby is doing good; they're running tests on her right now to see how shes doing. Im doing okay. I replied, Dakota hasnt bothered you, has he? Sweet pea asked, come to think of it, surprisingly he hasnt. Actually, no. Which is the scary part. I told him; my heart started racing at the thought of Dakota going radio silent all of a sudden. Dont get mad or anything but I saw him yesterday. Dont worry though because nothing happened. I bolted the second I saw him. I explained to Sweet pea, a chill ran down my spine thinking about yesterday. Oh, hell no, I hope those friends of yours over there are with you. Or else Im coming to New York myself. 

I chuckled. Aww Haha no, theres no need for that. Im fine really, if anything happens, Ill let you know. Okay? 

If you say so, hey, I got to get to class now. Please be safe.

I promise. You be safe too.

Bye beautiful.

I blushed. Bye handsome. 

"Call you soon.

"You better!

"I will! I promise! Now I gotta go before I get yelled at by Toni. 

"Okay, tell her I said hi!

"I will! Bye! 

"Bye. He finally hung up the phone. I put my phone back in my back pocket and went back to Odessas room. I knocked on the door and peeked my head in. You can come in momma. One of the doctors said allowing me to come into the room. I closed the door behind me. Hows Odessa doing? I asked, hoping that she was getting better. Miss. Cassidy is doing good! She should be getting better soon. Her leg is still taking its time to heal. One of the doctors replied to me, I smiled widely being glad to hear that. Im so glad shes doing well. When will she be released? I arched a brow at them. We think about a week or maybe 2 depending on how long her recovery will take. 

"Alright.

The doctors left the room again. They left a sleeping Odessa in her bed. I sat down on the rocking chair and decided to text back anyone thats been messaging me. I let out a soft sigh whilst going through my phone. I texted AJ telling her that Odessa was doing better and that I might have to stay in New York to be here for her. I also told her that I find it odd that Dakota has gone radio silent out of the blue. This boy has been harassing me since day one and he just stopped all of a sudden. I put my phone down on my lap once I replied to everyone I could or felt like replying to.