Chapter 16

Hey Brooke. 

I turned my head toward the sound of the voice. It was Kevin. Hey Kev, I said smiling at my friend he hugs me, and I hugged him back and then pulled away. How are you? Kevin asked, I closed my locker and started to walk with him down the hallway. Ive been better honestly. Im happy I got my daughter back. I said, being honest and he smiled a bit. Yeah, shes so cute, Kevin said to me, and I smiled widely. When we turned the corner, I spotted one of the girls from my study hall class.

I let out a deep huff. Whats the matter? You got annoyed out of nowhere. Kevin asks, seeing the annoyed look on my face. That girl over there has been giving me a hard time like everyone else ever since I got here, I replied to him, motioning my head to the girl down the hall and Kevin met my gaze. Ugh, shes the worst. Her name is Melody Carson. Shes mean to everyone. Kevin scoffed as I then spotted Sadie coming through the double doors. Kevin and I saw her. Sadie! Kevin shouts her name catching her attention. Sadie looked at us and smiled and waved at us. 

Kevin and I waved her over to us and she starts walking this way and past Melody and her group of stupid friends. Hey, Sadie. I smiled at her, and she started walking with us. Hey Brooke, hi Kevin. Sadie greeted us, we turned a corner and continued walking. I saw my sister and Betty talking to each other at Bettys locker. We were just talking about Brookes daughter and how cute she is, Kevin said to Sadie, and she looks at me. You have a kid? Sadie asked, I nodded my head at her. Yes, I do, her name is Odessa, I said to her as we walked. Aw, thats a cute name! 

I smiled. Thank you. 

We all walked into class, Kevin and I go to the 3rd row and sit down. Sadie stays back and hangs for a bit. How old is Odessa? Sadie questioned, and I pulled out my phone and went to my photos to show her pictures of Odessa. My baby is a one-year-old, shes turning two in December, I said to her, showing Sadie and Kevin some pictures of her. Shes so cute, will I have a chance to meet her? Sadie asks, gushing over Odessas cuteness and I giggled at her. Of course, youll see her a lot of the time I promise, I reassured her, as the first bell rang. Shit, I have to get to class. Ill see you guys at lunch? 

Yeah! Kevin and I said at the same time. 

Sadie left the class as Mr. Greyson came in as soon as the second bell rang. He went straight to his desk putting his briefcase on the desk. Everyone take out your textbooks and start reading chapters 3 and 4 please. 

Everyone took out their textbooks and did as told. Mr. Greyson has been letting us work on our projects for this class for the past couple of days. I have more time on mine since I missed a week of school. We usually start bell work with reading in the textbook for the first 15 minutes of class then we get working on them. 

~~~

I was at my locker putting away some of the books that I was done using for the day whilst typing on my phone replying to Sweet pea and Noelle. I havent heard from Jasper or Mia, so I was texting them too. I am worried about them since I also wanted to know how Mia is doing on her road to recovery. I havent gotten any updates on Dakotas arrest so Im trying to get a hold of Josiah and Grant too to see if they know anything. As I have mentioned once before, Im more scared than relieved when Dakota has gone radio silent on me. 

Even if hes in jail, he would find some way to torment me because thats just the kind of psycho he is. Im putting on a good face for everyone; however, on the inside, Im scared shitless. Something told me that this isnt over, he might be in jail, at least, for now. It doesnt take away the anxiety. Hell find someone to put his bail and the tormenting will continue. Im more worried about my daughter than I am about myself. I just want Odessa to be safe and happy. Its all I want for her. I sent the last text and I put my phone away now. Its the end of 3rd period, and class ended early so Im waiting for the bell to ring so I can go to lunch and eat.