Chapter 2

After a long day yesterday, and after getting a bite to eat with my now new friend, she dropped me off at the Pembrooke. I went straight to bed and I woke up an hour ago. Im currently looking at myself in the mirror making sure I look okay. I had my hair down with its natural waves and I was wearing light makeup. I was dressed in dark blue jeans, a light grey tank top with a black leather jacket over it and to top it off, Im wearing my favorite pair of converse. A knock at the door caught my attention, I saw my sister standing in the doorway through the mirror and I turned my head towards her. 

Veronica smiled widely at me. Why dont you look gorgeous for the first day of school. Veronica complimented me. I smiled widely back at her as I went to grab my bag thats sitting on my bed. Thank you sissy. You look pretty as always. I put the straps over my shoulder starting to walk out of my bedroom and into the living room. Have you had breakfast yet? Veronica asked, I had an apple when I woke up. Im still full from last nights dinner. I replied to her, we walked out of the apartment then the Pembrooke. Mr. Smithers was waiting for us. Veronica and I climbed into the backseat. Welcome home Miss. Brooke. Mr. Smithers said to me, looking at me through the rearview mirror. 

Thank you Mr. Smithers. I smiled at him when our eyes connected. His eyes go back to focusing on the road. Are you excited to start at a new school? Veronica puts on her seatbelt, so do I. Not really, I want the day to be over with. I already know that people have been talking about us and about daddy. I replied to her, leaning back in my seat. School is going to be boring without Mia. I whined a little, Veronica laughed a bit shaking her head. I promise its not as bad as you think it is, hermanita. Veronica reassured me, I huffed in response. It didn't take long for Mr. Smithers to arrive at Riverdale High. Mr. Smithers parked in front of the school so we wouldnt have to walk far. 

Have a good day Miss. Veronica and Miss. Brooke. Mr. Smithers smiled at us and we smiled back at him. We will, thank you. Veronica and I  said to him at the same time, we unbuckled our seatbelts and we got out of the car heading into the front office. I followed Veronica to the front desk, I kinda hid behind her. Good morning, Ms. Bell. This is my little sister Violet Lodge, shes new. Can you please give me her schedule? Veronica asked the woman named Ms.Bell. I cringed at my first name. Yes dear, welcome aboard Miss. Lodge. The woman named Ms.Bell smiled at me and she typed into the computer and she printed out of my schedule. Ms. Bell hands it to me and I take it from her. Thank you, Ms.Bell. 

Anytime, dear. Have a good first day. I nodded my head at her. I followed Veronica out of the open and into the hallway. A pretty, blonde girl that held her hair back in a ponytail approached us while a brown-haired boy approached us in the hall. I quickly hid behind my sister. Hey Veronica, whos the girl hiding behind you? Is that the sister you were telling us about yesterday? The brown-haired boy asked Veronica,Yes Kevin, this is my little sister Violet, but she likes to go by her middle name, Brooklyn, Brooke for short. Veronica told them, so thats his name, Kevin.They made a mental note to make sure to call me Brooke and not Violet. I also made sure to remember the boy's name is Kevin. 

I kinda peeked my head out to see them. The both of them gave me a friendly smile and I quickly hid behind Veronica again holding her waist. Shes really shy, give her some time to get used to you. Veronica chuckled, glancing at me over her shoulder. Its okay, bunny, were not mean people I promise. Kevin assured me, trying to get me to come out from behind my sister. I tilt my head at the nickname and batted my eyes at the boy when I sorta looked at him. The blonde girl giggled at my reaction. Did he just call me bunny? Thats a new one. She thinks its weird you called her that. Veronica also giggled with the blonde girl, reading my mind and facial expression.

I peeked out my head from behind Veronica and I went on my tippy toes to say something in her ear. Tell her I said I think shes pretty. I whispered and hid behind Veronica again. She says you're pretty Betty. Veronica tells her, Betty smiled widely at me. Thats her name, I gotta remember the blonde girl's name too. Thanks Brooke, youre pretty too. I muttered a small thank you while I blushed at her complement and hid my face. Awh Betty, you made her blush. Kevin chuckled, smiling at her then at me. She blushes whenever someone gives her a compliment. Whether thats from a guy or a girl. Veronica said, the bell rings and she looks at me. We have  the first 3 classes together so Ill walk with you to them, okay? I nodded my head at my sister.