Chapter 10

Im sitting on the bench thats outside of Odessas room. I havent left my daughters side since I arrived at the hospital. Its been a long 3 days, Dakota has gone radio silent again; he suddenly stopped blowing up my phone after his little threat. I have not slept a wink since that phone call. Im too anxious hell come to take my daughter the second I leave her side or when Im sleeping or when Im not by her side. The doctors have said that Odessa could go home at the end of the week as long as she continues to do better. 

Mom had left to go back to Riverdale because Dad is getting out of jail early. She wants to make sure everything is ready for him. Mom insisted on staying and making sure we were all okay, but I kept reassuring her that everything will be fine and that Ill call her if anything happens. AJ has been nothing but overprotective of me and Odessa along with Jasper and Mia. From the looks of it, it seems that she and AJ have been getting along fine.

Jasper has been taking care of Mia for the most part so I can focus on Odessa. Ive been checking in on her either way too though. Ive been keeping a close eye on the doctors and nurses that have been coming to do checkups on my daughter. I dont trust anyone that walks in through those doors. Ive also been keeping a close eye on the other employees of the hospital. I know for a fact that Dakota would send his bitch ass friends to keep an eye on me and Odessa. 

"Psst, Violet! A voice calling my name snapped me out of my thoughts, I look around trying to find who was trying to get my attention. I make eye contact withoh my godthats Josiah, Wren, Xander, Grant, Avery, and Sasha. Those are Dakotas friends. All 6 boys waved me over to them. I hesitated at first but, I get up from the bench and I walk up to them. They were around the corner from Odessas room.

"What the hell are you guys doing here? I snapped at them, Josiah was standing in the middle, Wren and Xander were standing next to him on his left, and Sasha, Avery, and Grant were standing next to him on the right. Weve come to make sure that youre still alive, Josiah says, there was a hint of worry in his voice. I gave him a confused look. What do you mean? I ask, not understanding what he meant by that. 

Josiah exchanged worried looks with Sasha and Avery. What Dakota has planned for you is over the top. We are scared for you and your daughter, Sasha told me, he also held a worried tone in his voice. How do I know this isnt a trap and that youre telling me the truth? Because I have no time for games, I said to all 6 of them, putting my hands on my hips. 

"Violet, I swear on my mother that we are not lying to you, we want you to help you get out of this hospital and out of New York safely with Odessa. We want to get you two away from that psychopath, Grant said in his thick British accent. Poor Grant lost his mother a couple of months ago and he is still grieving his mom. 

I exhaled sharply before nodding my head. Whats the plan, boys? I nod my head toward Odessas room so we can talk. When we all walked over there. Jasper and AJ were outside Odessas room talking. Jasper was sipping on what looked like a coffee cup and she held another one in her hand along with AJ who also has a coffee cup in her hands. Jasper is the first one to notice me walking up to them, 

AJ followed her gaze, and she gave the boys a mean mugging face and so did Jasper. 

Jasper set down the drinks on the floor and she brushed past AJ and came up to the boys with AJ following behind. 

"What the fuck are you guys doing here? Dakota couldnt have been a man to come alone so he had to send his bitch ass friends instead? Jasper snapped at them; I bit my bottom lip trying not to laugh at that. That was overprotective Jasper talking; she instantly became protective of me. She brushed past me going becoming face to face with Josiah. A few of the boys backed up a bit and so did he; they have always been scared of Jasper. They are lucky its Jasper and not Mia herself.