Chapter 21

I cant believe she threw coffee at you. I grumbled, shaking my head at Chloe. Chloe had to change her entire outfit earlier this morning once Weatherbee took care of the video incident. Melody threw her coffee at Chloe when her parents came to pick her up. Melody and her friends got expelled. Chloe and I were walking down the hallway together; I was going to drop her off at her next class before I go to my free period. Its fine, Brooke. I dont need to worry about her anymore. Its all thanks to you. 

I smiled at her. Its no problem, I dont allow anyone to treat my friends like shit. I said to her and she smiled back at me. All I need is to keep my head held high. Chloe says and I nod my head in agreement. The bell rang and a sea of students stepped out into the hallway. The entire student body stared at Chloe and I. Mostly at Chloe who held her head up high. What are you staring at? Keep walking! I shouted at everyone and they all did as told. Chloe and I continued walking down the hall where her class is. 

We stopped at the door. Thanks for walking me, Ill text you if I need anything okay? 

I nodded my head at her and hugged my friend. She hugged me back and she pulled away then I watched her go in. I turned on my heels then walked back down the same hallway we were just walking on. I spotted Reggie at his locker, we locked eyes and he waved at me. He waved me over so I walked over to him. Hey, whats up? I asked, holding the straps of my bag as I leaned against the locker next to his. He was putting some of his books away. 

"I just wanted to ask you how youre doing. Reggie said to me and I gave him a look. Stressed but thankfully, I actually feel somewhat okay now. How are you doing? I replied and asked, Reggie gave me a look. Why do I feel like you're lying? Reggie said to me, I crossed my arms over my chest. Nobody is lying. I tell him and Reggie drops it, at least for now. As for me, Im worried about my friend Moose. Youve met him a couple of times, right? Reggie asked and I nodded my head. 

I grew worried though. Why are you worried about him? Is he okay? 

"No. Hes at the hospital. The guys and I are actually gonna go see him right now. Reggie told me and my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. Oh my gosh! Do you know why? I gasped, and Reggie sighed. He got shot multiple times in his back by protecting his girlfriend Midge from some lunatic at Lovers Lane last night. Reggie explained to me and I shook my head worriedly. Do you wanna come with us to see him? Im about to go grab Archie. 

"No, I cant. I have a test in my next period and its kind of important. But tell him to be expecting me later.

Reggie nods his head at me. I will, oh and hey, hows AJ doing? 

Its adorable that he always asks about her. Last I knew she was doing fine, I havent heard from her since yesterday. 

"Okay, well Ill see you later then? 

"Definitely. 

Reggie walked off into another direction and I kept walking down the hall. 

I flinched when I heard my phone ding again for the millionth time today. I stopped walking whilst taking out my phone out of the front pocket of my bag. It was from an unknown number. 

To: Brooke

From: Unknown

See you soon. 

I knew it was from Dakota. My anxiety started to kick in. I didnt want to but I made myself a mental note to tell AJ, my sister and my parents about this text. I felt  a hand on my shoulder, and I froze and dropped my phone. I screamed then I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was just Kevin. 

"Kevin! I exclaimed, putting a hand over my heart. I-Its just Kevin. I said to myself as Kevin bent down to get my phone for me. The bell rings and the halls are filled with students. Yes, bunny its just me. Are you okay? Im sorry I scared you. Kevin said to me while he handed me my phone and he gave me a big hug. I flinched a little at his touch then hugged him back. I felt much better now. Im okay now. I giggled as I pulled away from him.