Chapter 18

I stared at the broken doll in my locker as I heard footsteps approach me. "Hey Brooke!" Kevin said my name and I jumped.  "Whoa, you okay? Why are we jumpy?" Kevin asked, looking at me worriedly. "You gotta promise not to freak out." I told him, and Kevin nodded his head. I looked around the somewhat empty hallway making sure no one else could see. I grabbed the broken doll to show Kevin. Kevin's eyes went wide in fear and shock.  "Oh my god! Someone sent you a broken doll? What is wrong with these people?" Kevin asks question after question. 

I shrugged my shoulders. I put the broken doll back in my locker. "I don't know Kevin. With the whole black hood thing going on right now, my crazy ex being released from jail, and then that girl in our last class giving me problems that I don't need right now, it can be anyone giving me that threat." I said to Kevin, closing my locker once I grabbed my books. I linked arms with Kevin as we started to walk to class. "Either way, I think you should tell my dad, Brooke. I don't want to cause panic but if they can threaten you, they can threaten your daughter too."

My heart sank. "I know. We can talk to him but after I tell my Dad first. I need to tell him everything." I said, we turned a corner and I saw Taylor and her goons down the hall. I made eye contact with one of them and shoot them a glare causing them to go back into their conversation. "Maybe you can tell your dad and my dad in the same room?" Kevin suggested and I look at him as I let out a deep sigh. "Yes, but I want to tell my Dad first then we bring in yours, okay?" I say to Kevin, and he nods his head in agreement. "Because I've been through this before moving here and I'll be damned if someone threatens my daughter again." I tell him. 

Kevin smiles a bit at me. "I promise we won't let anyone hurt you and your daughter." 

I smiled back at Kevin. "Thanks, Kevvy." 

"You're welcome Brookie." Kevin says to me, as we walked into class. We made our way to the middle row and sat down. I put my books in the corner of my desk. I opened my journal to start writing down the bell work that's written on the chalkboard. I flinched hearing my phone going off. Kevin noticed and he gently rubs my back in a comforting way. I smiled at him. "Who texted you?" Kevin asked, not looking up from his paper as he's writing on his paper with a pen in his fingers. "I don't know, let me check." I said, I grabbed my phone from my back pocket. 

I saw some messages. I was relieved that it was from Sweet pea. "No random number?" Kevin asked, letting out a soft chuckle. I shook my head 'no.' "Who's texting my bunny?" 

I giggle at my nickname. "A boy." I simply said whilst typing on my keyboard. 

"Boy?! What boy?" Kevin asked excitedly, he stopped writing completely and looked at me with a beaming smile. "I met a boy through AJ, and we've been talking for a while." I replied to him, and Kevin smiled widely. "Aww! and who's this mysterious boy? Has he asked you out yet? Because if not he better soon." Kevin asked, and I giggled lightly.  "He's this serpent friend that AJ introduced me to-" The second I said serpent I got cut off by Kevin. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. He's a serpent?" Kevin furrows his brows down to the middle of his forehead. "Yeah, why?"

"Don't date him. I don't know if you know, but Joaquin and I broke up. It did not end well." Kevin says to me, and I frowned. "You guys broke up?! Why?! You were so cute." 

"We can talk about it later. But please, don't date a serpent, Brooke." 

I just looked at Kevin with a sad face. I can't make any promises, Kevin. I looked down at my phone seeing I haven't replied to Sweet pea yet.

To: Brookes

From: Sweets 

Hey Brooke, do you want to hang out tonight?