Chapter 17

After school, I went to dance practice, I showered at the girl's locker room and changed there before going straight home to get Odessa.  I quickly changed her into another outfit from the one that she was currently in. Noelle is coming to the event to be supportive and help watch Odessa and Saylor since AJ is coming with us. AJ is currently pulling up to the diner and she parked her Jeep in front of it. I let out a big yawn, I'm ready for the day to be over. I haven't slept a wink since I got home. 

"You're going straight to bed when we're done here." AJ said in a motherly tone. I gave my best friend a look. "I know I am! No need to tell me twice." I said, sticking my tongue out at her as we all got out of the Jeep.  Noelle got out with Odessa's carrier, AJ grabbed Saylor's and then we headed into the diner. "I'm going to be in the kitchen the entire night if anyone needs me, okay?" AJ said to both Noelle and I. "Okay." Noelle and I said as we went to get a booth for Noelle to sit in. AJ went straight to the back once she greeted Pop Tate.

"Odessa is such a good baby," Noelle says to me as she sat down in the booth. I took Odessa's carrier and placed it down next to me. "Yeah, she is. She's always been a calm, quiet baby." I said to Noelle while I unbuckled the little seatbelts that were in an X form. I picked up my daughter and held her in my arms. "I can see that." Noelle said smiling at Odessa. Odessa looked at me with her big, green eyes and smiled widely. "Aww, baby, are you happy?" I laughed a bit and got a little coo from her in response. 

I smiled widely. "When was the last time she ate?" I asked Noelle, I realized that I left my baby bag in the Jeep. "She ate like at 3. What time is it?" Noelle replies, she took out her phone from her jacket to check the time. "It's almost 5pm, she needs to eat." Noelle answered her own question and I giggled. "I just realized I left my baby bag in the Jeep. Do you mind going to go grab it for me?" I asked her, Noelle nodded her head before getting up from the booth and quickly leaving the diner. I looked at baby Saylor who was looking at Odessa. 

Pop Tate looked at me as I was entertained with my daughter. Pop Tate walked over to me with a big smile. "Is this the little girl I've been hearing Miss. Veronica talks about all the time?" Pop Tate asked, and I nodded my head at him. "Yes, sir. This is Odessa. My daughter." I replied to him, Pop Tate's smile grew bigger. "Oh, she's adorable. She looks just like you the only difference is the eye color." Pop says to me, and I giggle. "Yeah, she gets her eyes from her father."

"Oh, really? Is the father here in Riverdale too?" Pop asked. 

My heart sank thinking about Dakota. "Uh, no. He's back in New York." 

"Ah, well, as long as she has her mother that's all that matters. I'll leave you two." Pop said, going back to wiping down tables as Noelle came back with Odessa and Saylor's baby bag. AJ must've forgotten the bag too. "Thanks Noelle." I told her, and she sets Saylor's bag down and gives me Odessa's. "No problem, that's what I'm here for." 

"Here, let me look for her bottle so you don't have to put her." Noelle said, going through the bag to find the bottle and the formula. Noelle prepares the bottle for me as I continued to give my daughter attention. Odessa started to cry which meant she was in fact hungry. "I know your hungry mamas the bottle is coming I promise." I said to her, Odessa continued to cry, and Noelle gave me the bottle once it was prepared. I put the little tube in Odessa's mouth, and she started eating. "See, there we go, good girl baby." I said proudly, Odessa just looks at me while she ate. 

I've felt a lot better having my daughter around again. Noelle sat back down to get Saylor out of the carrier since he started to cry. I sat there feeding my daughter, the door chimed meaning someone had walked in. It was Betty, Sadie, and Jughead. I smiled at all 3 of them as they walked over to me. "Oh my god, is that little Odessa?" Jughead asked, smiling at me and at my daughter. "Yes, it is. Odessa this is your uncle Jughead." I said to Odessa, Odessa shifts her eyes from me over to Jughead, Betty, and Jughead.