Chapter 35

I knocked on the Andrews front door waiting for someone to answer the door. Loud footsteps came running to the door, the door opened and it was Archie. Brooke! Come in! Archie says, stepping aside to allow me to walk in. Once I walked in, Archie closed the door behind me and he guided me to the kitchen. Do you want anything to drink? Water? Coffee? Soda? Archie asked, going into one of the cabinets to grab two cups. 

Soda, please. I need to fuel up before we hunt down Nick. I answered, Archie nodded his head and grabbed a glass. He went into the fridge and grabbed a soda and poured it into the cups once he closed the door of the fridge. I leaned against the counter watching Archie; he handed me my cup and I took a sip of it. Thanks, Archie. I tell him, as he also leaned on the counter. Youre welcome. 

So, how are you holding up? Archie questioned, looking at me with worry. I looked at Archie, knowing he was referring to AJ, Sweet Pea and our other friends that are sitting in a jail cell right now. Im worried about them. I replied to him, taking another sip of my soda. But I know theyre gonna be okay. I commented, setting down the cup in front of me. Theyll get out soon. Archie added onto my comment and I nodded my head in agreement. That they will.

Archie lets out a soft chuckle. How are you and your boyfriend doing? Yes, I know about him. AJ goes on and on how cute you guys are. Archie asks and says and I giggle at the word boyfriend. Were doing good, he treats me well and makes me happy. I replied to him, a smile crept up its way to his face. You look happier too. Im glad you have somebody that cares about you, Brooke. Archie says, and I smiled. Thanks, Archie. How are you and my sister doing? I raise an eyebrow at the red headed boy in front of me. 

Good, but can I tell you something? Archie said to me, I nod my head for him to continue. I-Im not exactly happy with her, is that bad? 

My face softened, I tilted my head a bit while resting my chin on my palm. No, its not bad at all. But may I ask why youre not happy with my sister? I tilted my head more. Im not going to lie, Veronica is great, gorgeous, fun, and everything, but Im just not happy. I feel like sometimes I cant talk to her about serious things, because she wants to just have fun and party. Thats perfectly fine, but its difficult sometimes to get Veronica to talk about other stuff. Archie explained and I gave him a sad look. Im sorry, Archie. I know. Veronica isnt one to talk about feelings,in our family we dont really talk about those, thats one reason why Im so closed off as you can see. Have you told her how you felt? Or tried to?

Archie let out a deep sigh and shook his head. No, I cant get her to talk about anything, Brooke. Its honestly frustrating for me. 

I hummed. I understand, I cant get her to talk about anything either unless she comes to me to talk about it. I told him, and Archie just looks at me. Yeah. Archie said softly, looking back at me. I looked at the time on the stove and it read 3:30pm. I'm debating whether or not to tell Archie about Nick trying to assault Veronica since thats our whole point in hunting Nick down. Archie furrows his eyebrows down to the middle of his forehead. What do you wanna tell me? I sighed, biting the inside of my cheek. Do you want to know the reason why were even gonna look for Nick? I ask, causing Archie to nod his head. Nick tried to assault Veronica and Im not letting him get away with it. Veronica hasnt said a word to our parents, but she told me everything. That son of a bitch is gonna pay. I huffed, cracking my knuckles and Archie looked like he was gonna murder someone.

He might not be all too happy with my sister, but at least he cares about her. Why didnt she tell me? 

Because she doesnt want people to know. Especially our parents. She didnt even want me to know. I only found out because of Cheryl. Oh, Nick also tried to assault Cheryl as well. They mightve not done anything about it, but I am. I dont care what happens to me. I know I have my daughter to worry about, however, she has her god mom to go to if something happens to me, so Des will be in good hands. I said, my blood was boiling at the thought of Nick trying to hurt my sister and Cheryl. I understand, 'cause now I want to murder him. Archie says, and I look at him. Dont worry, were gonna pay Nicholas a good visit. We should get going, Archie.