Chapter 15

I walked out of the girl's locker room dressed in my dance clothes heading to the dance studio. Ariella had sent to the group chat that practice is on for today. After the incident during free period, the rest of the day went by rather quickly. I at least made another new friend today so thats a bonus. I sighed as I walked into the dance studio seeing everyone stretching. Once Clara saw me, she waved me over. I walk over to her and sat down next to her beginning to stretch too.

Hey there, gorgeous! I just realized you dyed your hair; red is definitely your color! Clara said, taking a good look at me and I giggle. Youre one of the few people that has noticed my hair, I said to her, stretching my legs first. Well, its really pretty, Brooke, Clara complimented me, and I smiled widely at her. Thank you, I said to her, I was sitting on there to put my legs together and leaned forward. So, yesterday you mentioned that you had to handle something in New York? Clara reminds me and I sigh while trying to reach my toes. Yeah, um, like I mentioned it had to do with my daughter,

What happened? Clara asked, she also began to stretch out her legs by leaning forward. Well, my friend was with my daughter, and they got into a car accident. So, during the homecoming dance, I got her phone call, and I left town that same night. Thats why I was gone for a week, I explained to Clara, and Clara looked so sad and worried. Oh god, are they okay now? Clara asks and I nodded my head. Yeah, theyre a lot better now. My friend is in recovery and my daughter is a lot better now. 

You have a daughter? A girl asked, causing me to look up and turn my head toward her. I sat up completely to look directly at her. Yes, I do, I answered her, and she gave me a dirty look. Eww, that must be miserable to have to have a kid, your life must be miserable, She said in disgust. Im trying not to let that little comment get under my skin. Its not actually, my daughter saved my life, I told her, and she annoyedly rolled her eyes at me. I could never have a kid, If I were you and I had found out that I was pregnant I wouldve aborted the baby. Im not letting an infant ruin my life, She laughed earning giggles from the other girls. 

I instantly got mad. I made a fist and dug my nails into my palm. Shut the fuck up, Layla! No one was talking to you in the first place you nosey ass bitch! Clara snapped at the girl whose name I now know is now Layla. I dont care! Im just saying. No one wants to have a kid at any age, especially at 15 years old. Thats a lot of responsibility, Layla stated, while that might be true but very few girls at this age dont really know how to accept responsibility. 

I look at Clara who looks mad as hell. Layla, do you even know how to spell responsible? No, you dont so again shut your damn mouth before I shut it for you! Clara yelled at her, Layla just smiled and laughed. Yeah, you arent going to do shit, you bitch! Layla yelled back at her, and I glare at Layla. If I were you, Layla, Id keep your mouth shut, I warned, and Layla hummed, and it looked like she was thinking about it for a moment. Nah, 

Thats when both Clara and I got up from the floor and so did Layla. I marched up to Layla punching her face. She groaned and held her nose, before she could do anything Ariella walked into the dance studio stopping the fight. 

Hey! Whats going on in here? Ariella raised her voice, causing everyone to look at her. Layla over here is being a bitch like always! Clara answered Ariellas question, Ariella glares at Layla and Layla looked a little terrified of her. Youre daring to start shit again, Layla? Ariella put her hands on her hips. Layla kept quiet and backed away. She was being mean to Brooke too, Another girl said, making Ariella look at her and nod her head. Ariella let out a deep huff and ran her fingers through her hair. 

You know what Layla? Just because of your nasty ass of a bratty attitude you're not participating in our first performance which is at the homecoming game and youre going home, Ariella said to Layla who looked at her in disbelief. What?! Thats not fair Ari! Ive been working my ass off since we started this group and Ive been looking forward to our first performance as a team! Layla scoffed, and Ariella clearly didnt give a shit. I dont care! You shouldve thought of that before acting like a brat, Ariella says to Layla, and Layla stormed off and left the dance studio with a few other girls behind her.