Chapter 29

I knocked on Sweet Peas door and giggled when I heard his giant footsteps coming down from inside. He opens the door and theres a wide smile on his face. I jumped into his arms, and he caught me in his arms. He closes the door then he takes us to the living room. He set me back down on my feet. Ive missed you, BeeBee. Sweet Pea says to me, I wrapped my arms around his torso and looked up at him. Ive missed you too. I said to him, smiling. I moved my arms around his neck, and he put his hands on my waist which gave me chills. Hows Desi? Sweet Pea asked, making my heart melt, loving the fact that hes always asking about my daughter. 

Shes good, shes with Noelle right now. I replied to him, looking into his dark brown eyes. 

Thats good, how are you doing? Sweet Pea raises an eyebrow, and I made a face not sure how to answer that. Well, Im both okay and scared. I answered honestly, Ive been trying to do that whole honesty thing with him and AJ. Why are you scared? You have nothing to be afraid of because you have me to protect you. Sweet Pea reassures me, I bit my bottom lip not being sure to tell him or not. I knew that I needed to because Ive been keeping him updated on everything since I met him. I uh I-I got another threatening text yesterday when I went to visit Mr. Jones with AJ. No, I haven't told her or anyone else. 

Sweet Pea becomes concerned, and he has that worried look in his eyes. 

Is it from the same number from last time? Sweet Pea asked, and I nodded my head. Yeah, I-I havent heard from Dakota, so I dont know if its him or not. Or if its from some other Psycho that wants to kill me. I said to him, biting my bottom lip. Well, from whoever it is, I'm not letting that Pyscho near you. Youre a Serpent now. Youre going to be protected from him. Sweet Pea assured me, placing a soft kiss on my forehead, and a small smile appeared on my lips. Thanks, honey. I told him, causing him to smile. Youre welcome. Now, uh, what do you wanna do? 

I shrugged my shoulders. I dont know, Im okay if you wanna stay here. If we get hungry, can we order Pops? I suggested and Sweet Pea nodded his head. Yeah, we can do that, and we can also cuddle. 

I giggled. Yes, theres going to be plenty of cuddling. I removed my arms from around his neck, letting him take my hand in his and he guided me to the back room. We flopped onto his bed then I kicked off my shoes and curled up next to him. He wrapped his large arms around me that made me feel like the safest girl on earth. I looked up at him again and he was already looking at me. A strand of my very light pink fell in front of my face, causing both Sweet Pea and I to chuckle. He removes my strand of hair out of my face and puts it behind my ear. Thanks. 

Youre welcome.

I need to talk to AJ about dyeing my hair again. My hair went from red to pink. I giggled, and Sweet Pea laughs a bit. I like your hair pink though, it suits you. Sweet Pea comments, and I shook my head. As much as I like my hair like this, it needs to be dyed again. I might go back to my natural hair. 

Whatever new color you put on your hair it will look good, BeeBee. Sweet Pea tells me. I smiled and laughed. Okay. 

Brooke? Sweet Pea says my name, and I hummed in response. Yes? I asked, furrowing my brows together a bit. Can I ask you something? Sweet Pea answers my question with a question. Yes. I replied to him, he seemed a little nervous. He took a moment to think of what to say; it seemed that he was trying to word his question. Will you be my girlfriend? Sweet Pea questioned, and my heart skipped a beat at that question. I was not expecting him to ask that. I was expecting something totally different. I couldnt help but smile widely. Yes! I squealed excitedly, causing Sweet Pea to also smile widely. 

You are officially mine and I dont share. Sweet Pea comments, and I laugh. Honey, you need to share with AJ and Veronica at least. My sister will drop kick your ass if you say that in front of her and so will AJ. I told him, Sweet Pea shook his head and he moved to lay on top of me. No. Sweet Pea simply said, I began to run my fingers through his dark locks and looked at him. Sweets, you gotta share. I reminded him, Sweet Pea shook his head at me. No. Sweet Pea said to me. I just smiled at him and shook my head. Fine, I just advise you not to say that in front of Veronica and AJ. 

Noted. 

 I heard my phone go off and I flinched. I let out a shaky sigh before I reached into my back pocket then pulled out my phone, seeing a text fromJughead. I let out a sigh of relief. What does Jughead want? Sweet Pea asked, and I unlocked my phone to see. I opened Jugheads text message. It was just to see if I can help him with something. He wants my help with something but I can get back to him later. I told Sweet Pea and he hummed in response as I went to put my phone away, leaving Jughead on read. Speaking of Jughead, how is he doing at Southside High? I kinda miss him. 

I let Sweet Pea trace finger shapes on the back of the palm of my hand.  Hes doing okay, he does ask about you too from time to time too. Sweet Pea replies, looking at me and a small smile appears on my lips. Some of the Serpents think that hes joking about becoming a Serpent. Which I think so too. Im surprised he survived the initiation. Sweet Pea laughed and so did I. Remember the look on his face when he saw me at the bar? I laughed a bit more as the look on Jugheads face appeared on my mind. Thats still hilarious to me. 

The look on his face was the highlight of my day. I said to him, still giggling. This time, it was Sweet Peas phone that went off. Since his phone is on the nightstand, all he had to do was lean over and glance at it. BeeBee, wanna hang out at the bar? Fangs is working tonight and wants company. He just started his shift. Sweet Pea asked and said, I nodded my head in response but then I glanced down at my outfit. Im not gonna blend in. I said, Sweet Pea looked at me and made a face. It doesnt matter! You look great either way. Lets go. Sweet Pea tells me, I didnt argue with him. We both got up from his bed and we put on our shoes then headed straight to the bar not knowing that theres going to be one long night ahead of us.