Chapter 5

happened when I left the party. Oh, Chuck ran his mouth about Betty Cooper, and he didnt like it, so he beat the shit out of Chuck and his snake of a father, put his hands on Chuck and threw him out and kicked us all out of the party. Reggie answered me. My eyes widened hearing what happened. Im not gonna lie to you, I probably wouldve kicked Chucks ass if I hadnt left or maybe I would've done worse  to him. People have been talking about my family and I left and right ever since my dad got arrested. 

I wont lie to you, I do talk shit about your dad, and sister, but I only do it because I kind of have to when Im with the bulldogs and Cheryl because thats all they talk about and its the only interesting thing to do. Reggie says to me, at least hes being honest with me which I appreciate. I shrugged my shoulders. Its not a surprise if you do. Everything that everyone says about them is true and I wont deny it.

I dont talk shit about you with them, I actually defend you on somethings.

I smiled at him. You dont need to do that. I can take the heat. Well, kind of. I let out a soft chuckle. I only get mad because no one knows what we have been through and no one knows what its like to look over your shoulder all the damn time and to know who to give your trust to. I said, I glanced at Pop Tate who came to my booth setting down my food in front of me and my drinks too. Thank you Pop. 

Youre welcome Miss. Brooke. 

I started eating my food as I was hungry. Kinda have to when all they do is talk shit on you about you having a baby at 15.

I dont believe in abortion Reggie. It wouldve broken me if I decided to abort my daughter when I found out I was pregnant. I dont give a damn if people disapprove of me having a kid at 15. I dont live up to anyones exceptions. I told him, taking a sip of my soda and eating another french fry. Halfway eating through the fry I began to feel nauseous. I put my hand over my mouth feeling something come up and I got ready to get up and run to the bathroom if I needed to.

Reggie perked up and looked at me with worry in his eyes. Brooke? You okay? Reggie asks, nothing comes up and I decide to drink some of my soda and the nausea kind of goes away. Yeah, Im fine. I gulped, I took another sip of my Sprite. You sure? You look a little green over there. Reggie asks me, I felt better drinking some more sprite. Yes, I am sure. I nod my head at him and he backs off a little bit. As Pop walked by, I asked him for a to-go box to put my food in. 

Dont say no, let me take you home, you're not feeling well. Dont deny it, I know when girls aren't feeling well, AJ used to try to hide it from me all the time.

...No. Im fine. Theres this place I wanted to check out once I got a bite to eat. Reggie raised one of his eyebrows at me. Which place? I can tell you if its open or not. I can drive you to it? 

Uh, its this boxing gym I wanted to check out. Boxing was a way for me to stay in shape for dance back home. I also did Karate as well. Its kind of in between the North and Southside. I was going to have Mr. Smithers drive me when I get home. I explained to Reggie, he made a face when I mentioned the Southside. 'Someone has issues with the Southside.' I thought to myself. Yeah, even if I wanted to drive you, I wouldnt go there. Hell, I wouldnt bring my car over there, even if it was between towns. Reggie said, I laughed at his reaction. 

"Its okay, Reggie. Thanks for the offer anyway. 

He smiled at me, and I smiled back at him. No problem. Reggie looked around the diner almost like hes looking for somebody as Pop Tate came around with the to-go box. Are you here with some of those friends of yours? I asked Reggie, he takes out his phone sending a text message and nods his head at me. Im supposed to be going to the gym with Moose, were meeting up here and then hes riding with me to the gym. Reggie replied to me.