Chapter 22

"BeeBee, I have a question." Sweet pea says to me, poking my shoulder whilst I was doing my English homework. I hummed in response as I continued to write things down in my journal once I glanced at my textbook. We've been hanging out at his trailer all afternoon, Ariella has been cancelling dance practice a lot lately so I came to hang out with the green giant. Veronica wanted to take Odessa out so I let her take her with Archie. Otherwise, I would've been at home right now with my daughter. "I was wondering if you wanted to come to the Quarry with us? Me, Toni, AJ, Fangs and a few other people are coming. I'd thought it'd be fun if you came with us." Sweet pea asked and said, causing me to look up from my journal right when I finished up my homework. 

I closed my journal and put it back into my schoolbag and put my pen back in the front pocket of my bag. "Yeah sure, I'd love to come. But remember I don't do well in large crowds." I replied to him and Sweet pea smiled then chuckled. "I know princess. It's okay I'll take good care of you and so will AJ. Hell, she will kick anyone's ass if they breathe the wrong way towards you." Sweet pea reassured me as I stood up from the couch to stretch my arms and legs. I've been sitting for the past two hours. I giggled at Sweet pea nodding my head in agreement. "I mean, true." I said, looking at him. Sweet pea stood in front of me once I was done stretching. "I also wanted to talk to you about something which is why I wanted you to come over." 

I nod my head for him to continue. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my waist. "I didn't make you uncomfortable or anything the other night with the kiss did I? If I did, I'm really sorry-" Sweet pea began to ramble and I smiled up at him and cut him off by holding a hand up to him. "No, you didn't make me uncomfortable, Sweets. If you did I would've backed away or I would've said something." I reassured him and he smiled back at me. "Okay good, I'm just making sure. I don't want to do anything that you don't like or that makes you uncomfortable." Sweet pea says to me and my heart melted at that. "Thank you. I really appreciate that."

Sweet pea placed a soft kiss on the forehead and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. "You're cute you know." 

I shook my head at him disagreeing. "Not really." 

Sweet pea gave me a look. "Shut up yes you are." Sweet pea playfully flicked my shoulder. I lightly giggled at him. His phone went off and he reached into his pocket to check and see who messaged him. "AJ and the guys are waiting for us outside." Sweet pea told me and I nodded my head. "I don't have anything to wear though." I said to him and he looks at me. "That's why I had AJ bring you something." Sweet pea said to me and I made an 'oh' face. "Okay then let's boogie." I said cheerfully, causing Sweet pea to laugh and he grabs my hand and we made our way out the door. I saw AJ, Fangs and two other guys I've never seen before in my life. I let go of Sweet pea's hand and squealed seeing my best friend. "Rory!" I squealed running over AJ and jumped into her arms. I haven't seen her much during the past couple of days, AJ chuckled and caught me. 

"Hey Bee." AJ greeted me and set me back down on my feet then went over to hug Fangs. He hugged me back then I pulled away from him and then felt large arms wrapped around my shoulders. "Please tell me she's coming with us." AJ said to Sweet pea and he nodded his head at her. "She is. We need to pick up Toni from the school." Sweet pea replies to AJ and she squeals excitedly. "Good! and yes we do, let's get going." AJ tells us and we all walked over to the bikes. "Babes, do you wanna come with me or the green giant?" AJ asks me, causing everyone to look at me. I debated with myself for a minute trying to decide who I wanna go with. I just hung out with the green giant all afternoon so I can go with AJ. "You." I said whilst escaping the green giant's arms and running over to my bestie. 

AJ drags me over to the Jeep as I glanced back at a now pouting giant and I giggled at him. "Oh don't be all Mr. Pouty now! We'll be together in a minute"! I called out to him earning laughs from AJ and the guys. "Yeah, okay!" Sweet pea yelled back at me as we all then climbed into our Vehicle's. AJ and I got into the jump, buckled up, and headed straight to Southside High. Where Juggie and our Southside friends go to. I'm excited to see him again since I've only seen him like once or twice recently. "I've missed you! Where have you been, babes?" I asked AJ who followed the guys that were in front of us. "I know I'm sorry. I've been busy with Saylor and I've fallen behind a little in my classes so I've been trying to catch up." AJ explained to me and I nodded my head understanding that.