Chapter 8

I had bolted out of The Jamming Clove once Dakota and I made eye contact. I haven't seen him since Odessa was 6 months old and I dropped her off with him and her things. That was the last time we had seen each other in person. I wanted nothing to do with him. I know for a fact that if he wouldve come over to us, AJ and Jasper wouldnt have let him come near me and neither would my overprotective mother.  I am in fact the baby in the family; Mom and Dad have always been protective of me the most out of my siblings.  

"Miss. Lodge we have arrived." The taxi man said, causing me to snap me out of my thoughts. I had gotten a taxi to the hospital earlier when I ran out of the diner. "Okay, thank you sir." I thanked him, he pulled over in front of the hosrpital, so I don't have to walk far in these heels. I dug through my purse for some cash, and I pulled out the money to give to the man. I handed it to him, he took it from me, and I got out of the taxi. I put the strap of my bag over my shoulder while I closed the backdoor behind me, and the taxi man took off elsewhere. 

I inhaled a deep breath when I arrived at the hospital. I know I shouldn't have skipped breakfast, but I did not want to be at the same place with the person I despise the most. I exhaled then made my way inside heading towards the front desk.

"Hello, good morning, I'm here to see Mia LaRue. What room is she in?" I greeted and asked the registered nurse that sat in front of the computer. The registered nurse nodded her head whilst typing away on the keyboard. "Miss. Mia LaRue is on the third floor, room 249." The registered nurse told me. "Thank you!" I said to her, I started to make my way to the elevator doors that were a few feet from the front desk. "It'll be on the far end of the hallway when you get there!" The registered nurse called after me and I turned around walking backwards. 

Okay!" I turned around again heading towards the elevator doors. I got to the elevator doors, clicked on the button to open them. I walked in then pressed the number 2 button and the doors closed. It took a few seconds to get to the third floor. I quickly walked out and I walked down the hallway searching for room 249. The registered nurse was right, it was at the far end of the hallway. Approaching the door, I lightly knocked on it. Come in! Mia said, I opened the door, walked in, and closed the door behind me. 

Mia turned her head towards me and she had the biggest smile on her face when she saw me. There was a nurse attending her. Brooke! Mia exclaimed, reaching her arms to me and I giggled at her. Is this the mother of Odessa you were telling me about? The nurse asked Mia as I came over to her and sat down next to her on the hospital bed. Yes this is Odessas mother. Mia replied to the nurse who nodded her head. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders letting her curl up next to me. Okay, I will let Dr. Odette know that shes arrived. The nurse said to both Mia and I. Okay, thank you. 

Youre welcome. 

The nurse walked out leaving Mia and I alone. Ive missed you Brooke. Mia said to me, breaking the silence that had fallen in the room. Ive missed you too. I say to her, she hugged me tightly and I gently hugged her back trying not to hurt her. You dyed your hair red?! Mia asked, taking a good look at me and I smiled nodding my head. My new friend AJ dyed it for me. I replied to her and she smiled widely. Well, I love it! It suits you! 

I blushed at her compliment. Thanks babe. 

No problem. 

How are you feeling? I ask her, Mia shrugs her shoulders at me and sighed. In pain, Im okay otherwise. I might be the one in the hospital bed but Im more worried about you. Mia answered me, I shook my head at her, were both worried about each other. I dont know at this point babe. Im so anxious that I feel like Im dying sometimes. I admit, Mia gave me a look of sympathy and I instantly felt bad because Im not one to talk about feelings.