Chapter 37

It is currently nightfall, 

Brooke was in the dance studio, all alone, practicing the routines she would be performing for the upcoming dance show. She hasnt been practicing all that much because shes been running around with The Serpents and taking care of her daughter for the most part. Brooke has been practicing the routines she was going to do for hours, so no one has heard from her. Brooke has always taken her dancing quite seriously and she gives it her all each time and she eliminates distractions, which includes her phone that was in her bag. So, of course, Brooke didnt hear her phone going on because of the loud music. 

AJ was worried for her when she didnt answer any of her calls or text messages, so thats another reason why she went to the Pembrooke to see if she was there. Veronica had told her that Brooke was at the school still, so AJ went to the school to find her and was currently there. 

AJ was walking down the dark hallways of the school trying to find her. When AJ goes to turn a corner, she heard soft music playing from another hallway, so she figured that was Brooke. She walked down that hallway and the hallway that led to the dance studio. She was so worried for Brookes safety since shes had a lot going on lately, then with the blackhood attacks going around right now were definitely not safe, and she thinks Brooke being alone is not the best idea right now, especially with targets on her back. 

As AJ approached the dance studio, she was watching Brooke dance through the small window in the door with her entire being, she saw her vulnerable for the first time ever. Brooke was a tough girl with walls built up around her heart, so to AJ, this was very much intriguing for her. When the song stopped, AJ walked into the studio, causing Brooke to let out a small scream when saw AJ. Oh my god! AJ! What the hell?! I exclaimed seeing my best friend approaching me. AJ laughed and smiled at me as I put a hand over my heart. 

Im sorry baby, I didnt mean to scare you. AJ says to me and I gave her a look. Uh huh. Sure. I said to her as we hugged each other. So, this is where youve been for the past couple of hours. AJ says to me and I nodded my head. Yeah, just wanted to get some practice before the show next week. I havent exactly been practicing as much as I should. I told her, grabbing my water bottle and drank some. Well, you have been busy, so its not like you have time or anything. AJ stated and I nodded my head in agreement. 

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I cant even sleep since I can be really tired at times. But then again I havent really slept a wink since my break up with my crazy ex-boyfriend. I told her, drinking some more water. AJ held a worried look on her face, shes had that worried look since day one. You really do need more sleep. AJ said, and I sighed. I know. Believe me, I know. I said. I put my hands on my hips. Well, from what I caught a look from, I think your routines are beautiful and I cant wait to see the show. AJ tells me. 

I smiled at my best friend. Thanks, you better come. 

AJ smiled back at me. Of course, I am! We all are. Even your boyfriend is coming. 

I giggled. I just hope this gets done and over with, I say. AJ grabbed my bag and puts the strap of my bag over her shoulder. Well, itll be done before you know. Now lets go, your man is going to kill me if I dont take you home. AJ said to me and I laughed as I linked arms with AJ. Oh please, no he wont. I reassured her while I lay my head on her shoulder and AJ scoffed. Sweet Pea doesnt play when it comes to you, baby. And neither do I. I asked your Mom when I stopped by the Pembrooke if you could sleep over once I found you and she said yes, so youre coming to my house and spending the night. 

I looked at her. But my daughter- 

Is with Veronica and Noelle. Shes fine and safe. You need a break from everything at least for one night. Toni is waiting for us back at the house. Dont be worried.