Chapter 25

I was watching Sweet Pea playing pool with a Tallboy while I laid my head on Fangs' shoulder. It was a long day at school and I wanted to hang out with Sweet Pea, Fangs and Toni for a while before I head back home to my daughter. Veronica took care of the Archie situation and she said she told him to stay away from me until I felt like I wanted to talk to him again. I haven't told AJ about anything that happened last night unless our friends told her. Otherwise, I'll make sure to tell her next time I talk to her. 

My eyes widened a bit when Jughead walked into the bar and I lifted my head off of Fangs' shoulder. I sat up straight and nodded my head at Jughead. He furrowed his eyebrows at me almost like he was wondering what I was doing here before Sweet Pea noticed him as he bent down to make his shot. "I think this Northsider is lost." Sweet Pea says to particularly no one. I haven't seen Jughead since he transferred to Southside High. Jughead took a few steps forward towards the pool table as all eyes fell on him. "I'm not. I'm over being half a Serpent." Jughead says, and I raised my eyebrows in amusement. 

I haven't really seen Jughead in the bar while I've been here so honestly, I have no idea what's happening right now. Sweet Pea stood up straight and walked over to the other side of the pool table and shoved Jughead a little bit. "Wow. You will do anything to protect your Northside buddies." Sweet Pea said to him, and Fangs and I shared a look before looking back at the boys. I was a little intrigued to what was happening on the floor. Although, I was ignoring the looks Jughead kept giving me.

"My father was a Serpent. He led you." Jughead tells him as Sweet Pea cleaned off the end of the pool stick with it's cleaner. "I wanna stand with you guys." Jughead says to all of the Serpent's in the bar. Jughead and I locked eyes and I raised an eyebrow at him. "I know you wanna say something to me Jughead so say it." I tell him and he walked over to where I was standing. "What are you doing here, Brooke? You don't belong here." Jughead said to me and I perked up. "Oh? And you do?" I asked, leaving Fangs' side and walked down to the pool table floor to stand in front of Jughead. 

I felt Fangs and Toni's eyes on me as along with the rest of the Serpent's in the bar. 

"Yeah. I do." Jughead says. 

"She's more of a Serpent than you are, Jones!" I heard Justin shout from somewhere in the bar and I held back laughter at that. "No, seriously Brooke, a sweet girl like you shouldn't be here. Go home." Jughead said to me and I laughed. "Oh Juggie, I appreciate you trying look out for me but I can take care of myself." I said sarcastically and Jughead gave me a look and I ignored the look he gave me. "What are you doing here?" I tilted my head to the side wondering what he was doing here. Jughead ignored my question and he goes to look everyone in the bar. I moved to go stand next to Sweet Pea. 

"Tallboy was the one that gave me this jacket. It's finally time I start wearing it."

I mentally rolled my eyes at him as we watched Tallboy move to go stand in front of Jughead. "So, now you wanna be a Serpent, huh?"

I felt Sweet Pea wrap an arm around me and I smiled up at the green giant. "Let's see if you survive the initiation first." Tallboy said to Jughead and I was amused. I wondered what that meant. I made a mental note to myself to make sure to ask Sweet Pea later what that meant. I felt Sweet Pea arm move down to my waist and he moved me a bit to get me to walk. We walked past Jughead and Tallboy to move over to Fangs and Toni. I felt my phone vibrate and it was a message from Veronica.

"Do I need to take you home?" Sweet Pea asked and I looked at him nodding my head. "Yeah, maybe tonight you can hang out with me at the Pembrooke if you want?" I suggested, as he grabbed his keys from his pocket. "Maybe another night, BeeBee." 

"Okay." I said to him, Toni handed my bag over to me and I put the strap over my shoulder whilst I hugged her and Fangs. "I'll see you guys later!" 

"Bye, Brooke!"

Sweet Pea grabbed my hand and we walked through the sea of Serpent's and out of the bar. We walked outside then we walked over to his bike. Sweet Pea sat on his bike and he pulled me close to him. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his large arms around my waist. "BeeBee?" Sweet Pea says and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot." 

He seemed a little nervous to ask said question. "Remember last night when you said 'boyfriend'?" Sweet Pea asked me and I nodded my head as the events of last night replayed in my mind. "Yeah, uhm, sorry about that. I guess I didn't really notice that I said the 'boyfriend' when we're not officially together or anything." I replied to him as Sweet Pea chuckled. "I mean, I don't mind, I loved seeing the look on Archie's face." Sweet Pea said jokingly and I lightly giggled remembering that. I looked at the green giant. "It was funny." I agreed as we looked at each other. 

"W-Why don't we try and go on a date? I know we haven't gone on one at all since you're dealing with getting your daughter and your dealing with your ex boyfriend and everything but we can try?" Sweet Pea questioned and I smiled widely. "Yeah! Totally! I'll make time. How about this Saturday?" I suggested and his smile grew wider. "We can do Saturday." Sweet Pea tells me and I was already so excited for this weekend. "Okay-" I started to say but my phone vibrated again and I took out my phone to see who texted. It was Veronica. "Okay, we really gotta go now. Sister wants me home for movie night." I laughed, and sent back my sister a text. Sweet pea handed me his helmet then I put it on. 

"Are you guys hanging out or something?" Sweet Pea inquired, I remove my arms from his neck and he removed his arms from my waist as I hopped on the back of the bike. I wrapped my arms around his torso while he started up the bike. 

Sweet Pea backed up out of the parking spot where he had his bike and he made his way out of the lot that's in front of the bar and we were on our way to the Pembrooke. 

I laid my head on his back and I closed my eyes. This boy makes me unbelievably happy whether he's my friend or boyfriend. I'm just glad that he's in my life.