Chapter 20

I smiled at my daughter through my vanity mirror whilst doing my makeup. Shes sitting in her playpen looking back at me babbling. A knock on the door made me stop doing my mascara and turned my head toward my bedroom door seeing my sister leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed over chest. 

"Hermanita. Veronica said in Spanish and I raised an eyebrow at her as she walked into my room. Yes, Hermana? 

"You came home late last night. Veronica grinned while she walked in and closed the door behind her. She walked over to me and sat down on my desk chair. Im aware that I came home late last night. And I havent seen you much nowadays. Where have you been? Veronica asked, I went back to doing my mascara.

"Im either going out with friends, in school, or at dance practice. I havent seen much of you either. I replied to her, and Veronica gave me a look. Veronica hummed as I put down my mascara and looked at my sister. 

Veronica leans forward a bit in her seat. I just feel like I never see you. Especially with that new friend of yours thats always hanging around. Veronica tells me and I knew she was talking about AJ. Thats because youre always busy with your own friends, Veronica. Maybe Id make more time to see you if you did. I said to her, and she nodded her head in agreement. Veronica and I used to be the best of friends back in New York. 

We did everything and anything together. Sure I had my closest friends like Jasper and Mia but Veronica was my best friend. But ever since Dad got arrested and with Veronica always being busy its like our relationship fell apart. I dont tell her anything anymore and neither does she. I shrugged my shoulders. Things change sis.

"I know but I just didnt think our relationship would change. The relationship that actually matters most to me. I want things to go back to the way they were. At least with us. Veronica says to me as she grabs my hand. I let out a deep sigh as I looked at my sister and squeezed her hand. I know. Me too. As long as you promise to not keep me in the dark. Veronica tells me and I nodded my head in agreement. Okay, and as long as you start making more time for me and we hang out more often I wont.

"Deal. Now let me do your hair for school. Oh, is Noelle coming to take care of Odessa? Veronica said and asked as she stood up and walked behind me to start my hair. Its the last thing that I needed to do then I was ready to go. 

"No, Ill be taking my granddaughter out for the day if thats okay, Violeta? Dads voice came into the room causing Veronica and I to jump and shriek, since we were caught off guard. Both of us looked at Dad who stood in the doorway and laughed at us. I glared at our Dad. Daddy! Dont do that! Have you not learned to sneak up on us?! 

"Im sorry, Mijita. I shouldve knocked. Dad apologized.

"Yes, yes you shouldve. I told him. And to answer your question, yes you may take Odessa out for the day. I agreed with him and he smiled at me. Okay, you two have a good day at school.

"We will! Both Veronica and I replied to him at the same time while Dad grabbed Odessa from the playpen and her diaper bag. I smiled at a happy Odessa. Shes the biggest baby when it comes to Dad. Dad carried her in his arms and he left my room. Veronica was adding some curls to my hair. Oh, hey, question, wheres Jughead been? I havent seen nor heard from him. I looked at my sister through the mirror.

Veronica looked back at me through the mirror. He switched schools, hes going to Southside now. 

I frowned. Aww, he moved? Damn that sucks. 

"Yeah. Well, all done. Veronica tells me as she puts the curling iron down. I smiled at my sister. I love it, thank you sis. 

"Anytime, lets get going before were late. Veronica says, I get up from my chair and I grab my bag on the way out.