Chapter 7

I jerked awake when the car suddenly stopped. Im sorry to wake you Miss. Brooke. The traffic here is awful. But we have arrived in New York. Mr. Smithers said and apologized, I looked out the window and smiled widely. I missed seeing the big buildings, citings, and the people walking around. 

"Mr. Smithers, will you pull up the vent please? I want to get out of this dress. I asked Mr. Smithers, he nodded his head and pushed a button thats on the roof of the car and the vent closed up. I dug through my other purse and pulled out a random outfit that I picked out. I unzipped my dress and carefully started to change in the backseat. 

Ive changed in the backseat before. Its always been entertaining for anyone thats driving me anywhere. Mainly, because I fall over the entire drive. I put on my black v-neck top with my red leather jacket, the black skirt then the leggings, and to finish off the outfit Im wearing my boots. I surprisingly didnt fall over that many times as I usually do. You need to eat Miss. Brooke. Mr. Smithers tells me, I agree, let me call Jasper and see if shes up yet so we can get breakfast. I said to him, 

I pulled out my phone as I put my seatbelt back on so Im not falling all over the place. I dialed Jaspers number and put the phone up to my ear. Brooke? Jasper answered sleepily, which meant that she mustve been sleeping when I called. Oops. Good morning! I said cheerfully and she groaned on the other line. Go to hell, Brooke! Im sleeping! Jasper said to me, and I laughed. This is why AJ reminds me so much of Jasper. 

"Awww! Ive missed you too! Be ready in 15 minutes! Im in town now and I want to get food before going to the hospital. Im coming for you! 

Youre lucky I love you or else I would've had your head! 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. See you soon grumps! I hung up the phone. To the Reese residence please Mr. Smithers! I say to Mr. Smithers. Yes Miss. Brooke. Mr. Smithers said to me, and we made our way to Jaspers house. Im excited to see her since I havent seen her in a while. Last time I saw the red-head was when we were having a sleeping over at my apartment. The day before my dad got arrested at the Dakota. 

I remembered that AJ told me to text her when Id wake up. I go to her contact and shoot her a quick message before putting my phone back into my purse. I leaned back in the seat letting out a small yawn. I shouldve ignored Rose last night and I shouldve come to New York earlier knowing something like this would happen. I cant help but think that Dakota had something to do with the car crash. Itd be something hed do. 

Most likely, he did. 

Mr. Smithers pulled into Jaspers neighborhood about 10 minutes later. I let out another yawn and rubbed my eyes a little. Im still wearing last nights makeup thats not smeared all over the place. I took a good look at myself in my small mirror that I always keep with me in my purse to make sure I looked presentable. Mr. Smithers parked in front of Jaspers house, and I got out of the car. Were here Miss. Brooke. 

"I wont be long Mr. Smithers. 

I walked away from the car once I closed the door. I walked up to the front door then rang the doorbell. Someone came to the door and opened it, behind it was Mrs. Reese holding a bowl in her arms. Mrs. Reese smiled widely when she saw me waiting outside. Brooke! Hi honey! Jasper mentioned that youd be visiting. Come in! Come in! Mrs. Reese greeted me cheerfully and she stepped aside to let me through. 

I stepped inside the familiar household and Mrs. Reese closed the door behind me. She guided me into the kitchen, and I sat down at one of the tall chairs at the counter. It seemed like she was baking something. Probably a cake or cookies. Hows Riverdale going sweetheart? We miss you around here. Mrs. Reese asked, she was mixing something in the bowl. I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing what to tell her. Uh, Riverdale is okay, I guess. Ive been in 3 fights already and Im talking to a new boy. I answered Mrs. Reese smiled and she shook her head at me as she stirred.