Rebirth Parts 1 and 2

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 1 – Rebirth

(Tayla: Alright, on to another fan fiction story from the series Batman Beyond itself to see what if this happens in the way future, will we? Yep? From the original Bruce Wayne to still be himself to not be Batman anymore fifty or is it seventy years later; to have one person who escape from the Powers to have someone he has made who's a woman with fire power to be a clone from someone DNA to find her family 'goes by Gwen Grayson' – to losing her sister to meet with a new Batman name Terry McGinnis to make a friend to help her, as her personality helps her right back as someone else...Batwoman! So, enjoy as we see what if it happens in the far future with the other superheroes, some villains, new ones of each, and all of this in Gotham City. Also, there will be some Megan Tsuki in this one of course for her to secretly be married to the old Batman to be Bruce without anyone noticing.)

In an airplane hangar just outside of Gotham City, a group of kidnappers watch a news report about a failed attempt by Derek Powers to take over Wayne Enterprises. The news also states that the kidnappers have failed to release their hostage Bunny Vreeland in spite of being paid five million dollars in ransom. As it turns out, they plan to execute Bunny and make a getaway with the money. Fortunately for her, Batman arrives, wearing a new suit that lacks a cape but features retractable wings and jet boots along with increased strength, flexibility, propulsion, agility and other abilities. Batman manages to subdue most of the kidnappers with limited effort, although he does get a brief crippling chest pain afterwards. However, just as he is about to untie Bunny, the thug leader ends up ambushing him with a wrench (with Bunny attempting to warn Batman of the oncoming attack by gasping). As the Caped Crusader is engaging the last thug, he is suddenly struck by crippling chest pain severe enough to bring him to the floor. The last kidnapper, wielding an over-sized wrench, unleashes a savage attack. As he continues his vicious battering, he smugly comments how Batman had been getting in the way of people like him since he was a kid. Unable to defend himself and in serious danger, Batman snatches up a weapon dropped by one of the other kidnappers in desperation...a handgun. As surprised as Batman is to see what he has done, his attacker runs off fearfully, before being intercepted by the arriving police. The old Megan to still be a bounty hunter to starting off her new class to hire other ones to train, sees her lover not looking so well the way Batman use to do things.

"Hey, Batman, we did it." she said. "Alright, team! Go free Bunny!" Megan gives her students an order to help her husband. "Hey, Bruce. It happened again, didn't it? That's the seventh time this month."

Injured, Batman limps outside the hangar. He removes his mask and reveals a gray-haired, older appearance. Upon realizing he was wielding a handgun, something he had sworn he would never do; Bruce is enveloped in absolute horror and revulsion; it was that very class of weapon that violently ended the lives of his parents, and what drove him to become Batman. He then drops the gun and walked away in shame.

"I'm sorry, Megan, but for us to be together...I might have to stop this. But you, carry on the task for me." he said.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Megan was lost to follow Bruce back to the Wayne Manor. "Bruce! Bruce!"

Back at the Batcave, Bruce puts the Batsuit in the costume display gallery alongside his other crime fighter costumes and his original batsuit that he used to wear as Batman. Realizing that he has grown too old for crime fighting anymore, he takes one last look at the Batcave from the top of the stairs and solemnly vows.

"Never again."

I guess he meant it for Megan Tsuki to stay as Megan Wayne for the years to come by her man's side.