Betrayal

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 47 – Betrayal

Just outside Gotham City, an armored truck drives down the road and suddenly comes across a large fallen truck blocking the road. The guards decide to investigate in spite of suspicions that the accident is a trap. They soon discover that it is in fact a trap and Big Time is inside waiting for them. Using his massive strength, he topples the armored truck and punches his way in. The guards manage to send out a distress signal, however, and it's picked up by Batman and Batwoman.

"(Big Time's back?)" surprised Gwen. "How do you want to handle this one, Terry?)"

"Let's head on over there."

He really wants to stop Big Time by any means to have both Gwen with her other half and Bruce to worry.

"You really going there?" Bruce asks Terry.

"I have to, Bruce. We both have to." he said back.

Both Batwoman and Batman headed out to investigate but Bruce advises him to stay out of it because of the former connection between Big Time and Terry.

"Terry, leave this to the police."

"Why should I do that?" Terry/Batman asks Bruce.

Sounds and looks like Terry was really hurt deep down for Bruce and Gwen could tell.

"Because Charlie 'Big Time' is your friend." said Bruce.

Terry ignores Bruce's inhibitions and goes to deal with the crime.

"Was my friend."

Yeah, was once Terry's friend until the chemicals turn Charlie into a mutant criminal.

"Sorry, Gweny, but we're doing this." Batwoman said to her real self. "Fine, Bats, but we're keeping an eye on you."

Meanwhile, Big Time starts pulling sacks out of the armored truck but the police arrive to stop him. His strength proves to be too much for them to handle and he easily manages to disable them. Only for Batwoman to enter in first to start up a fire to slow down Big Time.

"Batwoman?!"

"Hey, remember me Big Time? I'm a certain person you try to mess with one of my friend!" she fires up. "It's payback time..."

And then Batman arrives and starts fighting Big Time but even he isn't fully prepared for Big Time's strength.

"(Batman, stop! You can't stop Big Time on your own!)" Gwen tells her lover/partner. "(Let me help you!)"

This not like him, huh? To stop his old friend and protect Gwen from Big Time almost having his way with her the last time...I think he was worried about his girlfriend's safety. Still, Batman nearly manages to capture Big Time but he's stopped by a rogue police car driven by Major, the mob boss that planned this.

"Great..."

"Ah, hello? Bats? What's gotten into you tonight?!" Batwoman questions Batman. "This is really unlike you!"

While making their escape, Major muses over the great teamwork of his brains and Big Time's strength but Big Time is insulted, insisting that he's just as smart as he was before the accident and he can offer more than just strength. For Megan to lose sight of Big Time, she places a tracker on the vehicle to find it soon enough for Gwen and Terry to do the rest for her.

"(I did what I could do for Bruce's sake and mine. Leave the rest to the lovers...Well, if Terry can think things through this mess.)"

Back in the Batcave, Terry notices that Bruce believes that he allowed Big Time to escape because he still thinks of him as a friend.